PDA

View Full Version : Baby Eagle or Storm?

DoItRight
September 20, 2005, 11:40 PM
To the Group -

In the interest of rounding out my collection (see my siggy), I have been looking at purchasing a polymer gun in 9MM.

I've tried the Glocks, Sigmas, Rugers, Walthers, and all the rest and have pretty much settled on the Baby Eagle Semi-compact (short barrel/FS grip.) I love the look and feel of it and I've heard nothing but good things about the BE's. Now comes the Beretta PX4 Storm to upset my applecart!

At first blush, they look to be marginally similar in size, weight, and "aesthetic" (yeah, I like "zoomy" looking guns -- my first purchase was a Beretta NEOS and I still like it quite a bit!).

I realize that the Storm will be a little more pricey (especially right now b/c they're new to the general buyer although LEO's have had access to them for a while) but some of it's modularity may justify the price differential.

Let me give the caveat that I don't carry but I enjoy shooting quite a bit -- I usually get to the range every week or so. I also shoot only .22lr and 9MM.

With all that said, I'd be interested in your opinions on which way I should go.

Wynterbourne
September 21, 2005, 01:56 AM
Go with the PX4, my friend.

I'll be honest, I'm a fan of the Baby Eagle. I own the all steel 9mm version with the full 4.72" barrel. I love it, I adore it, and I wouldn't mind adding another 2 or 3 just to have around the house.

But the polymer Baby Eagle is NOT the same quality as the all steel version. The 9mm polymer is supposed to be a fine weapon, but it just didn't feel like a Baby Eagle to me.

On the other hand, I picked up my PX4 this last Friday. If everything works well, I'll be going to the range for the test firing. I have to tell you, I'm downright impressed with this little bugger.

rdebert
September 21, 2005, 01:22 PM
I would agree that the polymer baby eagle is a different animal so to speak and given these two choices I would lean towards the PX4 Storm. New PX4 Storm versus the new S&W MP model question would be a real problem for me to choose from however.