PDA

View Full Version : "IPSC Production Division" Glock 17 or CZ SP-01 ???

Guardian Angel
September 20, 2005, 01:39 PM
Hi folks,

Since the introduction of the new CZ SP-01 on the market, it seems the Glock 17 as a serious opponent in the IPSC Production Division ! :eek:

Which one did you choose ?

Thanks for advance.

toast
September 20, 2005, 04:53 PM
According to the rule book that I looked at today, they will be implementing a new weight restriction in the different catagories. The SP-01 is too heavy to, by the new rule, fit into SSP. I guess they don't want the new stainless versions of the sigs and berettas to take over ssp.

The SP-01 is not really available yet so very few people will be able to respond that they chose the SP-01.

Edit. Oops, you didn't say IDPA, I dont know about IPSC but you may want to look at weights.

kymasabe
September 20, 2005, 05:07 PM
I'd look at the CZ-75 SA instead or the Glock 34. MUCH better guns for IPSC.

WESHOOT2
September 25, 2005, 09:44 AM
But I might point out which gun is used by World Champions......

IMNSHO the Glock will offer a superior trigger (shudder).

Me? I gotta M17 on the way......did I mention I won it?

HSMITH
September 25, 2005, 06:47 PM
The CZ-75 SA is not legal for production division.

I would take the G17 over the SP-01, having a consistent trigger pull is a big advantage over DA/SA even if it is only one shot DA. Glocks also have tons of sights and so on available for them, CZ aftermarket parts are scarce and competition specific parts are almost non-existant. Glock magazines are also a lot cheaper, and of extremely high quality.

For a range gun I like the CZ a lot better, but I just don't see it working as well on the competition field as a G17.