PDA

View Full Version : Sig 232 Slide Bite Cure?

Crow Beads
September 20, 2005, 09:36 AM
My wife bought this gun for CCW but doesn't like the slide release or snappy recoil. Her solution was to appropriate my Kahr E9.

I love the look and function of the Sig but the slide cuts the web of my hand between the thumb and forefinger. Aside from surgury, is there a fix for this?

Best,
CB

Eghad
September 20, 2005, 11:05 AM
I dont know of anything to fix your problem. I would probably look at selling or trading it in on another Kahr.

RsqVet
September 20, 2005, 11:58 AM
Grip the piece low, keeping the web of your hand tucked as flat as you can make it, trying to keep it tucked under the area where the slide "bites". With larger hands obviously this is a lot harder, I had a hard time with my old PPK and this, have not had the problem with the 232 --- guess my hands are boarderline for the problem.

Diffirent grips might help as well --- my 232 has houge rubber finger groove grips and I think that the finger grooves help me keep my grip a little spread out and locked down out of the way of the slide.

Hope this helps, I love the 232

jacobtowne
September 20, 2005, 12:41 PM
Agree with the Hogue rubber grips. I have them on my P232 and have fired more than 1,000 rounds without getting bitten once. :)
JT

Crow Beads
September 20, 2005, 06:36 PM
Thanks for the help folks. I think the "trade for another Kahr" idea is the best. A friend let me shoot his 232 that was equiped with Hogue grips and it cut my hand also.

Best,
CB