PDA

View Full Version : new to pistols

got2bqik
September 19, 2005, 07:49 PM
Just deveiated from my sporting clays shooting and bought a pistol. A Ruger MKIII 22/45 bull barrel. Am happy with the gun, but would like some aftermarket precision sights, open not red dot or scopes. shooting 25 and 50 yard targets. Bought a dueling tree to shoot at and it says 30 yard safe shooting distance. The little .22LR is alotta fun same as my .410 O/U. Just looking to be a little better with it.
Tim

HighValleyRanch
September 19, 2005, 08:38 PM
Is the dueling tree made for .22?

At the sheriffs range, they have a dueling tree, but even the 9mm sometimes has a tough time turning it in the wind. They won't let you shoot the knock over plates with any .22 at any distance.

I just made some plates for my 9mm and the mild steel is 3/8 inch thick.
The bullets are just leaving spatter marks with no dents. That' 115 gr.

Have fun with your Ruger! I got a Mk I and MkII.
Getting a Sig trailside this weekend.

LH2
September 19, 2005, 11:43 PM
My first handgun was a Ruger MkII with 6-7/8" tapered bbl & adj sights. It was super accurate and I shot the heck out of it. Never should have sold that gun! :mad:

Enjoy your MkIII!

LoadIt
September 20, 2005, 11:31 AM
I have a MKII Stainless bull barrel with adjustable factory target sights. They work fine for me. I don't know who maked aftermarket sights for the MKII or MKIII. Maybe you could check on a fiber-optic front?

TheEgg
September 20, 2005, 01:41 PM
Look here https://www.volquartsen.com/vc/public/ListItems.do?familyID=19 and see if they have what you want -- looks like they might (about 2/3 the way down the page.)

got2bqik
September 20, 2005, 04:24 PM
Thanks for the replies. The link TheEgg gave looks like the ticket for hoping up the MKIII. The dueling tree I bought said it was for .22LR lead only. After recieving it I was wondering if the .22 had enuff energy to turn them. It has an adjustable spring tension. Paddles are 5/16" steel and it says you can adjust spring to shoot up to 9mm no magnums. Which is fine for my use. Hope to hit the range sunday. Thanks again.
Tim