PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix Arms HP22

defjon
September 19, 2005, 02:55 PM
I'm looking for a small caliber, small price tag gun that sort of mimics the carry profile of my Bersa thunder. So, I'm looking at this gun. However, gun prices in my area are ridiculous and run hundreds of dollars over some of the prices I see thrown around these forums! Man, I can't wait to move.

I don't want to end up paying around 80 bucks more for this cheap gun than it is worth. So I know I'm gonna end up paying the 20 dollar transfer fee and get one from some place else. My Question: I've done a little searching, and I don't know where the best place to order offline is. Does anyone know of somewhere to get a Phoenix HP 22 (22 caliber) for cheap? Under 100 dollars, because I just can't bring myself to pay more for this kind of gun. I'd just as soon spend an extra forty bucks and get a NAA mini mag...

kozak6
September 19, 2005, 08:07 PM
Don't bother. If you want an inexpensive pistol, get a Bulgarian Makarov, a Star BM, or even a Hi-point.

A friend of mine has a Phoenix HP22, and it is the absolute worst handgun I have ever fired. At best, it will jam 3 times per magazine. At worst, every round will jam. And, it doesn't even jam consistently. It'll stovepipe, it will fail to extract, it will fail to feed, and it will misfire, all on the same magazine.

The accuracy is horrendous too. It is literally impossible to hit a soda can at 10 feet with it.

Please, don't waste your time and money with it.

jonathon
September 19, 2005, 08:09 PM
I had the exact opposite with an HP22.. still works just fine, accurate enough to take rabbits quite easily.

defjon
September 20, 2005, 02:49 AM
So where can I get one online?

Saber
September 20, 2005, 07:49 AM
There is one on Auction Arms right now with bidding at $60. I second Jonathon's comments. I bought the range kits for my wife and I. Both of the pistols have been reliable. I think we have had maybe 1 or 2 jams since we bought them. They jam less than my Ruger and Neos. They are also very accurate. I am very pleased. I have read several bad reviews of them, so maybe the guns are hit and miss? I also read that they are considered a target pistol in Australia.

I enjoy mine very much. Just keep in mind the cost of the gun and don't expect more than what you pay for.

Webleymkv
September 20, 2005, 10:24 AM
Of all the pistols in this class, Phoenix arms seems to make one of the better ones (better than Jennings, Lorcin, Bryco, etc.). The only complaint (at least with the Ravens) was not to trust the safety and therefore carry it with an empty chamber.