PDA

View Full Version : 45 Acp + P

John28226
September 18, 2005, 07:48 PM
Does anyone know if the Glock 30 will handle + P without damage? Nothing in the little book that came with the gun mentions it. Thanks for the help.
John

maximuss
September 18, 2005, 08:15 PM
I cannot say yes or no for sure but I have this Glock nut officer friend who carries model 21 for on duty and Model 30 for off duty and the department issues Ranger SXT which is +P loads. I haven't heared anything complaining so I assume that you can load +P on Mod 30.

progunner1957
September 19, 2005, 01:11 PM
+P loads from any of the USA based ammo makers - Federal, Remington, CorBon, Winchester, etc. should be okay to shoot in any firearm that is in good working order.

I currently am carrying Federal HydraShok 185g. HP +P loads in my Glock 21; I have shot a few of them and have had no problems. Glocks are just about indestructible in the first place; as long as you have quality U.S. made ammo, you should be good to go.

Sellier & Belot is made in the Czech Republic, but in my experience it is 1st class stuff you can trust. I've shot a fair amount of Sellier & Belot .45ACP 230g. ball and it has always been outstanding ammo.

The only ammo I would avoid would be some of the military lots coming out of the European/Far East/South American nations. It is cheap, but there have been problems with some of these military surplus rounds... Problems like squib loads and KABOOMS, as well as cases getting stuck in chambers. Not worth risking your gun and your safety to save a few a few dollars, IMHO.

WillBrayjr
September 19, 2005, 01:23 PM
+P shouldn't be a problem for the Glock as long as you don't make a habit of using +P. Non +P 45ACP has a proven track record for pure stopping power. I'm not sure whether or not if Glock has started using fully supported chambers.

Half-Price Assassin
September 19, 2005, 03:28 PM
this is from the GLOCK 2004, Annual

Q) What kind of ammunition should I shoot in my GLOCK pistol?

A) Commercially produced, factoryloaded quality ammunition manufactured to SAAMI, CIP, or NATO spcifications in good condition.

so i am guess a +P .45acp will be alrigth in a GLOCK 30. but then again, why? the standered .45acp is good enough. did "The Duke", have +P .45s in his 1911, during WW2? i think not! :p

Zekewolf
September 19, 2005, 05:47 PM
Not only will a G30 or G21 handle all the +p you can run through it, it'll also handle .45 Super and, with barrel changes, .400 Cor-Bon and .40 Super.