PDA

View Full Version : What 1911s do Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger use in "The Getaway (1994)"

Para Bellum
September 18, 2005, 02:09 PM
see above. Here's a link to imdb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109890/
The two handguns they use in the hotel-shootout are pretty pretty. Do any of you recognize the brand, type and caliber?

Thanks and stay safe.

Shorts
September 18, 2005, 02:38 PM
Hmm, can't help too much, but since you said pretty 1911s, the ones I wanna find out about are the ones Denzel Washington flashed around in "Training Day" :cool:

WC15
September 18, 2005, 05:01 PM
Traning day was not 1911s they were S&W 4506 or something. He was using a .45 though.

hkg3
September 18, 2005, 05:19 PM
They used one of those evil guns, and made a bunch of money by using evil guns. :barf:

Sorry, can't help you, it's been years since I've seen that movie. :rolleyes:

mathman
September 18, 2005, 05:36 PM
What 1911s do Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger use in "The Getaway (1994)"

Colts.

threefivesevenmag
September 18, 2005, 05:37 PM
They are Colts. At least, that is the name on the slide. I am not sure what series or anything of that nature.

Bullrock
September 18, 2005, 06:02 PM
Alec no doubt uses a water pistol... :rolleyes:

Trockstroh
September 18, 2005, 06:14 PM
^Haha So true

aspen1964
September 18, 2005, 10:55 PM
Looks much better when Steve McQueen brandishes his Colt Gov't and riot shotgun in the 'ORIGINAL'...

N.H. Yankee
September 19, 2005, 05:25 AM
What the heck is wrong with you guys, looking at guns when youv'e got Kim bassinger in the movie!!!!! The only guns I was looking at were, well I won't go there lol. You must be like me, a member of the over the hill gang. Hollywood actually has some guns that are prototype Hollyweird specials, these are clones made for or by Hollyweird that are not real replicas so sometimes its hard to try to figure out what it is. I think too they are Colts but its laughable to see 2 of Hollywoods biggest Anti's making a living with guns in movies, typical Liberal hypocracy. I think its an insult to Steve McQueen having Alec Baldwin play in one of his roles.

IanS
September 19, 2005, 12:27 PM
Kim Basinger: Colt Gold Cup Enhanced (Bright Stainless Steel Finish)

Alec Baldwin: Colt Combat Elite Enhanced and Benelli M1 (sic)

Michael Madsen: Colt Python 2 1/2" Bright Stainless

Phillip Seymore Kaufmann: BHP

In the opening credits Kim Basinger was shooting a SIG Sauer P226 9mm, a Walther PPK/S, and the Gold Cup

If you can look past Alec Baldwin its a pretty good movie. I read in an interview with Basinger that they were both seriously considering getting guns of their own while making the movie. She said shooting was "fun" but they changed their minds. And now yes, I believe at least Alec is Anti-Gun.

Para Bellum
September 20, 2005, 03:50 AM
IanS

thanks for the perfect info.

As a European I don't get too much info on holliwood-gossip. Why is everybody beating on Alec Baldwin?

packa45
September 20, 2005, 04:40 PM
Why is everybody beating on Alec Baldwin?

Because he's a BALDWIN and probably the worst one. That probably doesn't help you understand but many people just don't like a family full of bad actors. Stephen always has the stoner stare, even in serious roles. Let's just hope the Baldwins don't team up with Seagal on any action flicks. :eek:

Para Bellum
September 23, 2005, 07:34 AM
:) I think I understand. Seagal at least is a very skilled no-nonsense martial artist... but that's about it. ;)

BryanP
September 23, 2005, 08:19 AM
That probably doesn't help you understand but many people just don't like a family full of bad actors.

Hey, Adam Baldwin is great in Firefly.

tjhands
September 23, 2005, 08:49 AM
Alec Baldwin with a gun. Can you say "oxymoron?" No? Then how about just "moron?" Good enough.

HighValleyRanch
September 23, 2005, 09:32 AM
Wasn't Alec Balwin a spokesperson for an NATO anti gun orgnaniztion?

Segal is also an avid shooter and gun owner.

Jack Malloy
September 23, 2005, 09:37 AM
If I remember right, Baldwin had a Gold Cup Colt. 45.
I think Bassinger had a sig, but its been a long time since I saw that film.
I do remember that Michael Madsen had a snubby python and a mullett, as all my friends teased me that he was playing me in the flick.

You are better off spending your money on Steven Segal flicks. He uses 1911s mostly, carrie cocked and locked as he understands the modern technique of the pistol, and despite his fighting skills he has never beaten up Kim Bassinger. Can Mr. Baldwin make any of those claims?
In one, he even listed the make ofthe gun in the credits (PSP10mm by Springfield armoury).

IanS
September 23, 2005, 01:24 PM
Basinger shoots the Gold Cup and the SIG in the opening credits of the movie.

Alec asks Basinger: "Which one do you want baby?"

Basinger:"I want the Colt."

Alec: "But the Colt's mine."

Basinger: (as she kisses Alec hard and reaches for the Gold Cup in Alec's pants) "But I want it."

Yeah, everytime I see Alec I :rolleyes: But if I objected to him that much that would mean not being able to enjoy movies like Hunt For Red October, Beetlejuice, Glengarry GlenRoss, Married To the Mob, including this movie. I dont' care what he thinks. He's an actor living a privileged life. They all kind of live in a reality we don't. I'll take him over Seagal actually. The king of cheesy action "heroes".

Jack Malloy
September 26, 2005, 07:30 AM
If you were black, would you go see movies where the main lead was an avowed racist?
If you were Jewish would you go to see movies where the main lead was an avowed neo-Nazi?

Well, you are a gun owner.
Stop putting your money in the pockets of people who hate and despise you.

tjhands
September 26, 2005, 10:21 AM
Jack, I go see movies all the time where the lead role and just about every other role in the film, as well as the author, director, and makeup artists are all gun-hating loonies. If I had to pre-approve every film I see for people who think like I do, I'd never see another one again. Be a good way to save money, though. :rolleyes:

P.S. I dig your point. Didn't mean to sound rude there.

IanS
September 26, 2005, 12:46 PM
Yes I agree completely. Thanks for saying that tjhands.

And I don't know if Alec Baldwin is actually getting a portion of the profits from ticket sales or DVD sales. A few prominent actors might stipulate that in the contract (like Tom Cruise who knows his movies will make money) but most opt for a flat one time fee for their services. Its much safer in case a movie bombs. Walter Hill rewrote his own script for this updated version with Alec Baldwin. Not only did he write the screenplay for the original "The Getaway" with Steve McQueen but also wrote or directed movies like The Warriors, Aliens, Red Heat, 48 Hours, The Long Riders, Wild Bill, and Last Man Standing to name a few. Although I've never heard Mr. Hill speaking out for the 2nd Amend his movies are favorites among us gunowners. And Mr. Hill is a huge fan of John Wayne if that means anything to anyone here. His movies are actually the type I'd like to see more of.

And why focus solely on Alec? The movie also features Michael Madsen and James Woods.

By the way I bought my DVD copy of "The Getaway" used. ;)

Nanuk
September 27, 2005, 03:33 PM
Sorry, I dont watch movies with Alec Baldwin in them.

Jack Malloy
September 29, 2005, 07:29 AM
In Hollywood, nothing talks like money.
About half the nation is comprised of gun owners.
If all gun owners refused to spend their money on films featuring avowed anti gun activist types, sooner rather than later, the bad box office would tank their careers.
We can do it, but we have to stick together.
I think its sick that people in Hollywood look at us as gunowners the way a Nazi looks at jews or a Klucker looks at black people and yet, some of us continue to support them financially.
There are lots better actors in Hollywood who are not anti gun. Scott Glenn immediatly comes to mind, as does Tom Selleck. I will watch anything they are in and I urge other gun owners to do the same.

MikeOrick
September 29, 2005, 02:43 PM
That's an M3 Benelli shotgun, the one that can convert from semiauto to pump, not an M1.