PDA

View Full Version : question about Don Hume holster

tsavo
September 18, 2005, 09:29 AM
I just ordered a holster from www.donhume.com , and in my email from them it says that

Items in stock will ship within 5 business days.
Items not in stock will ship in 4 to 6 weeks.

That seems a little odd to me, considering they don't even tell you if your item is in stock. Their 1-800 number doesn't even work, and their "customer service" representatives are always busy when you call the local number. I find that hard to believe with such a small company-seems a little fishy. Does anyone have any experience with them? I needed the holster in 5 business days which wouldn't have been a problem with any other online company. Apparently it takes these people 5 days to process a order.

tsavo
September 18, 2005, 12:14 PM
?.

Dfariswheel
September 18, 2005, 01:53 PM
Don Hume IS a small company, but it's an OLD one with a reputation that a lot of bigger companies WISH they had.

Hume is no fly-by-night outfit, and they make some extremely high-quality police gear.

As a small company, with a lot of police business, their reaction time just isn't as good as a bigger company with large shipping and customer service departments.

another okie
September 18, 2005, 03:12 PM
It is a small business, and one person on vacation or out sick can really slow things down. I have visited the factory and purchased holsters there. They will get you your order as soon as possible.

michael t
September 18, 2005, 03:14 PM
:) They are a good company I have always recived my holsters in a week time. They have always addressed my questions quickly. I e-mail them. I was trying to find a DH holster that would fit Bersa Thunder. A Employe by name of Gail I belive it was. BROUGHT her own Bersa to work and they checked to see which holsters they made .that could be used. Another time I had some question reguarding a holster I ordered When order arrived a copy of my e-mail was attached to the invoice and my question answered.That is good service. I use and recommend Don Hume. :)

FLA2760
September 18, 2005, 03:34 PM
Hi
I have several Don Hume rigs. Two IWB rigs (Glock27 and Kel-Tec P32) and a pocket rig (the best one I ever had) for the P32. I had to return a pocket rig I bought for the Glock 27 as it was just too big for my pockets. Anyway, they were very helpful and refunded my money. They are a small firm and tend to be a little slower than some but I would deal with them again.
Steve :D

tsavo
September 18, 2005, 03:38 PM
Thanks guys, I got ahold of someone finally. He said they won't know till tomm if it's in stock or not, but if they have it I should have it by friday.

KLR
September 18, 2005, 05:02 PM
My experience with their concealment holsters has been very, very good. I have owned a JIT Slide and one of their IWB clip holsters. Both got a lot of use and still looked brand new when I got rid of them.

On the other hand:
I got one of their dress belts- it was crap to put it mildly. Within two months the finish was cracking and you could see the lighter colored leather below.

I know uniformed officers who have been less than pleased with the duty gear.

If you are getting a concealment holster you should be very happy.

TN-popo
September 19, 2005, 04:58 PM
From what I've seen, Hume has great concealment gear for the money (I like their 009K).

BUT, from my experience, their customer service sucks if you're not making a police order.

candide
September 19, 2005, 09:35 PM
Don Hume holsters are pretty good for the money. Try gunnersalley.com for better prices on Don Hume leather.

liliysdad
September 19, 2005, 10:38 PM
I know uniformed officers who have been less than pleased with the duty gear.

Thats odd. Here in Oklahoma, if a cop is wearing leather, its normally either Don Hume or Looper. Both have outstanding reputations. I tend to lean a bit towards Looper, but they make a larger variety of leather. Hume is good stuff, and they have good service.

Mister_Dinky
September 20, 2005, 03:45 PM
I've bought a couple of belts and several holsters and mag pouches from Hume. Good product, great value, worth waiting if necessary.
YMMV

docpyzon
September 23, 2005, 11:52 PM
It would be wise to take a look at FIST holsters. Very well made IMHO

Topthis
September 24, 2005, 12:48 AM
Got me a few Don Hume's, absolutely awesome quality and an even better price. Since mine are all IWB's, I am less concerned about the fancy looks etc, not that the holsters look bad, but I have seen some of these other, more expensive holsters...with snakeskin, eel skin etc. or they have some fancy engraving and personally have no use for them.

Double Naught Spy
September 24, 2005, 02:53 AM
I don't know that I would call Don Hume holsters awesome quality, but they are a very good value for the money.

In regard to ordering from Don Hume, it isn't the fastest service in the world. I ordered a holster for my wife. It arrived in about 3 weeks, well betweeen the ship in 5 days and ship in 4-6 weeks time table. Go figure.

Topthis
September 24, 2005, 01:45 PM
Not wanting to start a debate, but again, personal experience will always be the standard to which people will give their opinions...that said, my post was describing my experience with the Don Hume. I bought my first 715 IWB almost 2 years ago (i think) and there has been absolutely no noticeable loss in retention nor has there been any loose stitching etc. as compared to my friends that have had their holsters custom made...I would say that my DHs have held up equally as well and at about 1/4 of what they paid for theirs...again, mine are all IWB, so having engraving and exotic skins mean nothing to me.