PDA

View Full Version : SW9VE vs. KP95

Juna
September 17, 2005, 12:30 PM
These 2 guns are about the same price, both american made, same caliber, same capacity, both available with rails, etc. I know there's a size/weight difference. But anybody have an opinion as to the advantages/disadvantages of one over the other? Just curious if anyone's shot both or believes in the quality/customer service of one over the other.

briang2ad
September 17, 2005, 01:00 PM
At the show in Dale City, VA. The thing feels GREAT in the hand - looks like a good deal, and with a SW warranty you cannot go wrong. I know early ones had some trouble, but they say that the later ones are good.

Dave Markowitz
September 17, 2005, 01:30 PM
The S&W Sigmas don't have a great reputation. That may have improved. On the other hand, the Rugers are known for durability and incredible reliability.

I'd take the Ruger KP-95 over the S&W Sigma any day.

Coop de Ville
September 17, 2005, 02:36 PM
I've had the newer 40E for a while now and I really like it. Kicks like a mule but it's a 40.

The trigger is good once you're used to it. My duty weapon is a Glock, so switching back and forth is troublesome. I imagine in 9mm it's a great choice. If possible try to rent or borrow.

Best, -Coop

Te Anau
September 17, 2005, 06:05 PM
Theyre both great guns,but the Sigma wins in the ergonomics area.Both are well made from high quality materials.

trough308
December 15, 2005, 06:14 PM
In terms of comfort, the Sigma's provide a pleasant experience at the range. The slope of the grip makes finding your natural point of aim quite easy; just have to get past that trigger!

cavediver27
December 15, 2005, 09:22 PM
The Ruger P95 has been a long-time proven winner. Rugged, reliable, accurate and the best customer service in the industry. Ask anyone who has one and they'll most likely say the same thing.

Jkwas
December 16, 2005, 08:12 AM
+1 to the Ruger.