PDA

View Full Version : New Glock 19, what to do first

busterw
September 16, 2005, 05:20 PM
Picked up a new G19 today and I can't decide what I want to add to it first. Any opinions. I've got a G26 but all I've done to it is add a Lasermax. What do the pros suggest. Scope, laser, tac light, dawson sites, what?????

Thanks!
Buster

jonathon
September 16, 2005, 05:27 PM
Lots of practice ammo and free time :)

Other wise, it's fine out of the box.

Could at night sights if you want, too.

Oh, and prepare for the flames.

busterw
September 16, 2005, 05:34 PM
Ahhh hell. I can handle flames. It's just a sign of immaturity. Thanks for your positive help. I DO practice any chance I get as this isn't my first handgun by any means.

I'm just looking for some mods to "kewl" it up with items that also make it better.

Thanks again!
Buster

jonathon
September 16, 2005, 05:55 PM
I would check out GlockTalk then :)

spacemanspiff
September 16, 2005, 06:01 PM
New Glock 19, what to do first
trade it in for a Sig.

:eek: :D

busterw
September 16, 2005, 06:03 PM
Cute, actually, I just sold a Sig to buy the Glock as I liked my G26 a hell of a lot more than my Sig.

Eric Larsen
September 16, 2005, 07:02 PM
Actually....Id shoot it! Nights are nice...but they are not needed!
Shoot well.

2ksportny
September 16, 2005, 07:09 PM
I purchased my g23 a few months ago & put night sights on it right out of the box. The best & most likely the only thing I will add to it except a better holster. They make a big difference if you ever need it at night.
I was thinking of adding a pearce grip exstension awhile back but changed my mind. Maybe they would be something you might like.

busterw
September 16, 2005, 07:17 PM
Well I did put Trijicon night sights on my sig right when I got it and I liked them ok. Much better than stock. I've heard the glock night sights are nice but I don't know first hand. What about fiber optic sights as opposd to night sights. Obviously I know the fiber optics could at best be used in low light situations and not in pure darkness but I would like your opinions FO sights and particularly adjustable rears.

Thanks Guys!
Buster

jonathon
September 16, 2005, 07:33 PM
FO's are great.

I just prefer all steal on my 17 since it's my go anywhere gun.

Eric, do you make Glock holsters?

Dead-Nuts-Zero
September 16, 2005, 07:33 PM
I traded out the factory stock magazine release button (G23) for a longer one. It's a Glock brand part and it now allows me to easily release my magazine. The original is short and difficult for me to use.

I am sure many of you CCW guys will not go along with this idea, but if you got the gun to shoot and have fun, it's a nice little inprovment IMO.

I don't seem to have any problems with it accidently tripping the mag. when I holster but I guess it could happen.

I bought 3 of these little parts for about 5 bucks as I recall. If I should buy another Glock, that's the first thing (change out the release button) I will do to it.

2 cents :D Please :eek:

busterw
September 16, 2005, 07:44 PM
It seemed to me when target shooting with my Sig and the Trijicon night sights that they were only slightly difficult to see in daylight whereas the FO obviously would be great. Is this the case with all night sights since their intent is primarily for good in the dark visibility or is there a brand you all prefer over the Trijis? Also, what colors seem to work best for you all? The ones I had were green front and green rears.

Thanks again!
Buster

Ozzieman
September 16, 2005, 07:46 PM
Until the wife picked out for her first gun out of 10 different guns, She picked a G26.
The only thing we did was to add the forward mag extension wich helped fit the hand better.
I still prefure 1911 especaly when they have Kimber on them but I dont HATE Glocks any more.

USP45usp
September 16, 2005, 08:23 PM
Shoot the heck out of it :D.

I don't like Glocks because of no hammer. Hey, it's a "gun nut thing" with me ;) , I can't stand anything without a hammer. The only gun that has passed that I own is the Browning Buckmark, and only that.

Just have fun with it. A new person, Denis I think his name was, made a statement that I like:

if you've got the money & the interest, what matters the most is your opinion of the thing. If you're happy, then be happy.

One of the most trueful statements that I've heard in awhile.

Wayne

busterw
September 16, 2005, 08:51 PM
So what brand and color night sights do you all find the brightest/best in all situations?

USP45usp
September 16, 2005, 09:02 PM
I don't know since my Kimber came with the night sights, white, and I love them. Getting a pair for my USP45 soon (as soon as I pay off that other gun that I have on lay-a-way, damn those gun stores.... giving me deals that I can't pass up :( ( :D )).

I don't know if I'm going for white again or (do they have) blue if they have. I've seen only white, green, and red so far (blue is my fav. color so there is some bias).

But I will admit, there is nothing more comforting(sp) then turning over in bed and see the two (it's holstered) bright white sights looking back at you.

Wayne

busterw
September 16, 2005, 09:22 PM
I know the feeling of turning over and seeing the glow. I saw all 3 when my Sig was there cuz it wasn't holstered. I miss the nightime glow now so I gotta get sights quickly. I've only seen green orange, red and yellow.

Rob96
September 17, 2005, 03:39 AM
I'm just looking for some mods to "kewl" it up with items that also make it better.

Sadly, a lot of the aftermarket "kewl" items, will make a Glock unreliable. The only thing that needs to be changed are the factory sights. Other than that, all you need is ammo. Skip the couch commando doodads.

OBIWAN
September 17, 2005, 05:41 PM
Rob96 is correct

Most problems with Glocks can be traced to "modifications"

That and crappy ammo!

All I do to mine is nite sites and polishing the connector

busterw
September 17, 2005, 06:41 PM
Is there a schematic of what part the connector is and can I do this myself? What does that help?

Thanks!

Lucky 7
September 17, 2005, 06:47 PM
Leave it the hell alone. It works fine until you start messing w/ the darn thing!

DanV1317
September 17, 2005, 07:01 PM
trade it in for a Sig.

I trading in my sig for a glock!!

...unless you know anybody who wants to buy a P229 .40 two tone?

maximuss
September 18, 2005, 08:30 PM
Since you got a Glock, I would install Laser MAx laser sight and get surefire weapon light. Is this kind of response you were expecting?

If not, trade for HK. :D

busterw
September 18, 2005, 08:32 PM
Well i was eyeballing the surefire M3X actually.

FirearmFan
September 19, 2005, 01:47 PM
I bought meprolite sights for my HK when I got it. Getting night sights is the first thing I would do. After that get a surefire to mount underneath if it's your home defense gun. It seems to me first you want to see the sights then see the target you are aiming at in the dark.

Have fun.

busterw
September 19, 2005, 01:52 PM
Yeah sites are def the first thing I'm gonna do. Now I'm trying to decide between Meps and Trijis. My experience is with Trijis so i can't decide. From there I gotta decide on adjustable or fixed which I just don't know.

Thanks for your input!
Buster