PDA

View Full Version : FM Hi Power

AMT8951
September 16, 2005, 04:34 AM
Whats the deal with the FM Hi Power. I see adds for them in the Shotgun News all the time, and I've heard some positive things about them in this forum and in other places. I've heard that there made on FN machinery down south of the border (Argentina?). are they any good? Are parts interchanangeable with FN/ Browning HP's?

FM HP (http://www.gunparts.citymax.com/page/page/778780.htm)

dr.magnum
September 16, 2005, 05:44 AM
I have a friend who has one. The finish isn't as nice as a Browning, and some fitting seems a little rougher. But it does shoot nice. I don't know about all HP parts, but he bought a couple of HP clips a shop had laying around. One worked well, one didn't.

ATW525
September 16, 2005, 07:25 AM
Finish is nothing to write home about, but the guns work good. The slides aren't stepped like the Browning/FN guns which taper in the front. As for parts, the only thing I've tried switching is the grips which worked fine.

Webleymkv
September 16, 2005, 09:25 AM
From what I've heard the shoot just fine. I don't particularly care for the huge logo stamped on the slide though. Jeemeny Christmas you might as well put a neon sign on the stupid thing. If you can get past that though it seems to be a pretty good deal.

Vitamin G
September 16, 2005, 06:23 PM
I love mine. Threw some cocobolo's and skateboard tape on it, and it shoots great! Havn't had a jam since i bought it.

USP45usp
September 16, 2005, 09:23 PM
+1 on the finish. As for the parts, it's a FN all the way, I asked Mr. Camp about them before I bought.

But you get what you pay for. The finish isn't as good or clean as the FN, yet the FN is around $900+ around here for an original, I paid $200 for my FM, same gun, not as "pretty".

Wayne

r.w. schrack
September 18, 2005, 05:57 AM
The FM is made in Argentina under the Belguim approval and thay are as good as the FN's owned several and have not had any problems with them. The other one to look at are the FEG's made in Hungry again another good weapon. thay are around $300 plus or minus. Schrack