PDA

View Full Version : Since I'm planning to buy myself a new gun.. may as well make it a .45

jonathon
September 15, 2005, 09:37 PM
For some reason, I'm drawn to getting a pistol in .45 auto :rolleyes:

Personally, I'm a 9mm type of guy, but yeah..

Anyways, I'm not sure what .45 I'm going to get yet, though I'm pretty sure it'll be NEW from a dealer, unless I can find one around here...

So heres what I'm thinking..

CZ97B - love how it feels and operates

HK USP - But do I want another plastic pistol that is not a Glock?

Something Colt - What else needs to be said?

Am I missing anything that is good? Don't mention Kimber, Springfield, or anything.. not interested in them.

chris in va
September 15, 2005, 11:07 PM
You sound like me. Shot a 9mm for a while, don't care for the .40 much and want something fat going downrange but don't want to spend a wad of moolah. Plus, carrying that *wonderful* 97B would be lugging a big ol' anvil around, despite it's fantastic trigger and accuracy.

So looking around I think this will be my next .45.
http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/6800/witnesss2mb.jpg

Witness fullsize, maybe the compact. Very similar in design and size to the 75B. From what I hear the triggers are actually better than the CZ's.

jonathon
September 16, 2005, 12:12 AM
The Witness is a nice pistol..

My grandpa has a compact, and it is a really nice shooter. Seemed to be well made as well.

Only reason I'm leaning towards the CZ97B is that I won't be carrying it, and EAA's customer service is icky :barf:

Jericho9mm
September 16, 2005, 12:18 AM
have you thought about a CZ type clone? the baby eagle from magnum research i think has the polymer or steel frame and can come in a .45, and i have the full size 9mm version and it is great 100% reliable and smooth as butter once you break it in.

mathman
September 16, 2005, 01:26 AM
Although some will disagree, there is nothing wrong with wanting a 45...I have several and still long for more. ;)

Wildalaska
September 16, 2005, 01:42 AM
And here ya can be gettin a nice Colt by assuaging my ego

WildowellwilljustremaindepressedAlaska

jonathon
September 16, 2005, 01:45 AM
I was hoping you would post.. :p

I'm almost really leaning towards the Colt S70.. cheap mags, well made, comfortable to shoot.. Though on the higher end of the price scale, but well worth it.

If I really get the Colt feeling, I'm talking to you(which may be soon) :cool:

Wildalaska
September 16, 2005, 01:54 AM
You have to tell me how handsome and wonderful I am... :cool: :)

How about..."WA, your a better looking guy than Pierce brosnan and have the soul of Mother Theresa"

WildorisittheotherwayaroundAlaska

jonathon
September 16, 2005, 02:08 AM
How about..

Compared to Spiffy, you are the best lookin' guy on the planet? :D

Wildalaska
September 16, 2005, 10:47 AM
Thats not very ego assuaging...

Compared to Spiffy, the Elephant man is the best looking guy on the planet...

Spiff? wake uuuuuuuuuuuuuppppppppp!!!!!

WildwheresspiffAlaska

WillBrayjr
September 16, 2005, 11:21 AM
Why pay like $1,000,000.00 for a Colt why you can get a Springfield for alot less.

Note: the $1,000,000.00 was sarcasm. Colts usually go around $750.00 for the 1991A1 and Springfield's GI goes around $450.00

jonathon
September 16, 2005, 11:30 AM
"Made In Brazil" :eek: That's my issue with SA..

And I think Kimber charges to much for their product, they claim it's cost cutting production process is something to be in awe of.. well, why do they cost the same as a Colt then, or more?

spacemanspiff
September 16, 2005, 11:49 AM
well wait until i'm as old as WA is, then we can compare who looks better. i think the only pics WA has of when he was my age was mugshots from his arrest after participating in some hippy protests.

after all these years he may have turned into a conservative but every now and then he tries to get away with wearing his sandals and tie-dies. his inner liberal is screaming to get out. :D

jonathon
September 16, 2005, 12:36 PM
:D