PDA

View Full Version : What to look for on refurbished SIGs?

J_C
September 15, 2005, 03:44 PM
I want to get a Sig p226. but they are so expensive. I was looking into a refurbished one and I hear that SIG factory's have really high standards and they go through alot of checks and replace any worn parts. What should I look for in a refurbished SIG to let me know they actually went back to the factory to get checked out and tested? What is a good price for one with 2 15rd mags and a case??

WillBrayjr
September 15, 2005, 04:08 PM
CPO Sigs come in red boxes I believe while new Sigs come in blue boxes. They also have blue tape around the grip. Check out prices at: www.sigarms.com ;)

Swamp Yankee
September 15, 2005, 05:44 PM
Check www.cdnninvestments.com

They have factory refurb Sig 226's in 9mm, 357 Sig and .40 S&W. I purchased a TuTone 226 in 357 Sig and though it's been shot, the outside and finish are as new.
Take Care

cas
September 15, 2005, 09:49 PM
CPO's come in black boxes as well.

CDNN's are police trade in's, but I don't think they are "CPO"s. Just trade in guns. That said, I've bought Sig trade in's (non CPO) that were just as good as the real red box CPO's I have. All depends of what and from whom.

For CPO's, I'd recommend http://www.ordnanceoutsellers.com

r.w. schrack
September 16, 2005, 02:40 AM
Somewhere between 475 and 575. I have four and two have only had approx 50rds thru them, 2 226's 1 228 and 1 229. Most of the pre owned go thru a factory check and any worn parts are replaced, Normaly the turn ins are not inspected but have not seen a dog among them and my local shop sells them and has a stock, think he does the cdnn thing not sure. Another place to check is Ivanhoes somewhere in mass he has a good deal on them, and pays shipping. ivanhoeoutlet.com Hope this helps R.W. Schrack if you want my gun shop info e-mail me.

J_C
September 16, 2005, 12:02 PM
What do you mean by CPO?

WillBrayjr
September 16, 2005, 12:41 PM
Certified
Pre
Owned