PDA

View Full Version : CZ clone shooters - advise

StL Bill
September 15, 2005, 10:07 AM
OK, I've read and read...Looked and Looked.

I think for my money(little) I want a CZ. But there are so many clone CZs at $50-$100 under (by my research).... but, what's your experience.

If you own one of the CZ clones, please relate which one, why you bought it, and what your experience has been, and if you had it to do over (and had the money).....

Thanks!
OH, and also if there is someone out there that wants to get a last ditch...DON'T DO IT!!! in, please tell me why.

Hard Ball
September 15, 2005, 10:38 AM
These clones vary considerabaly in quality. For $59-100 m0re buy a genuine CZ. You will have a superior pistol

strange246
September 15, 2005, 11:18 AM
I have a "genuine" CZ75B and a Witness, both in 9mm, The Witness is the last pistol I would ever part with....More accurate, Never had a malfunction of any kind, and the CZ jammed alot until I started using the witness mags in it...

kungfucowboy
September 15, 2005, 02:06 PM
i have a baby eagle in 9mm and i have to say i love it, from what i have seen recently though they aren't much if any cheaper than a cz75b.

Eric Larsen
September 15, 2005, 05:44 PM
Look.......all of them are good guns. Youll get this sucks and buy this, remember this is the internet :D But Gods truth is CZ's are a little more refined and a little nicer than the Tanfolglio guns.....Witness, BE, SA P9 etc.
Im not slamming the clones by any stretch of the imagination...Ive got them and love them. CZ doesnt make a 10mm in the 75b platform :D
In general youll likely be pleased with whatever you get.....Shoot well.

Lucky 7
September 15, 2005, 06:38 PM
I have a CZ75B in 9, a .45 Carry-Comp Witness and a full-size BE in 9.
All have worked flawless and would recommend all...depending on the task it's to be used for. None of them break ur piggy bank (even as a law student then as an enlisted Marine) and they all work.
Personally, i like the BE. It looks good, shoots better than the other two (polygonal rifling and a somewhat heavier barrel than a regular CZ75 in 9 is to blame) and the grip is perfect for my medium sized hands. Also i am trained to wipe of the slide safety b/c of the Beretta (cough-pos!-cough) i use every day. Stange thing, i learned to shoot pistols on a 1911, but recent training and duties keep me using a slide safety and im comfortable w/ that.

Semper Fi!
-L7