PDA

View Full Version : I think I've killed my PA63 :-(

Super38
September 15, 2005, 07:47 AM
Well, after much reading about these little guns, I decided to buy one. Took it home and after shooting a few magazines through it, I deceded to give it a good cleaning. I removed the slide and grips. that's all. I didn' take the slide apart. While I was cleaning, the cocking lever pins fell out. I put them back in and replaced the grips. I finished cleaning and all seemed well. Except later when I tried to shoot. I get no BANG :( The trigger pulles back with only spring resistance. I removed the grips and see that the trigger bar has fallen out of engagement with the top spur of the cocking lever. If I push the bar up into engagement, the trigger will fire SA and DA. But the trigger bar falls back down and again, no BANG :(

I have looked and all of the drawings I can find and can't see a spring I may have lost. That's not to say I didn't :D I have lost parts before when they fall from unexpected places. Needless to say, I am still learning :p

Have I lost something here? Or is something else amiss? Any and all help will be much appreciated.

wingman
September 15, 2005, 08:58 AM
I own a pa63 so my advice is only in that area of experience (not an expert),
I have had both sear pins drop out and grips need to fit snug as they appear
to hold pins in, sounds like the "sear rod" or trigger bar as you called it
has disconnected. Check to make sure pin on each side is in.

Also the safety is suppose to be engaged when removing slide, I believe
this is one of the few auto's I have owned that require safety on.
Hope this is of some help, if you only removed grips and slide problem I believe
is with sear pins.

Super38
September 15, 2005, 09:06 AM
Thanks Wingman
Both pins are in and the only they can go as far as I can tell. As long as I hold the sear rod in place, the trigger will release the hammer. But then the sear rod falls down and the trigger can't pull back far enough to release the hammer in SA or cock the hammer in DA. It's like the safety is on. If I cycle the slide and cock the hammer and activate the safety, the decocker will release the hammer correctly. And the gun will not fire even if I have the sear rod in the correct position on the cocking lever. :confused:

wingman
September 15, 2005, 10:42 AM
You may have had the trigger spring pop out, try posting on the Makarov
board, the pa63 is not a mak however there are some who own the pa63
they may help.

http://www.gunboards.com/forums/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=3

Super38
September 15, 2005, 02:17 PM
Thanks wingman
If someone "just happens" to have a picture of the sear rod side of the gun with the grips removed, I sure would like to see it :D

Te Anau
September 15, 2005, 02:51 PM
Supposedly this is the gun that the 63 is a clone of.I dont know this for sure however.
http://www.e-gunparts.com/productschem.asp?chrMasterModel=1600zPMK

Super38
September 15, 2005, 06:48 PM
Got it :D :D :D
The trigger spring had come out from under the sear rod. Back to BANGBANG again! YEAA!!!
Thanks guys