PDA

View Full Version : My analogy of an XD-9 Service model pistol

EIGHTYDUECE
September 14, 2005, 10:42 PM
It is a Sig/Glock/Hi-power with a touch of 1911 :D

The slide shape and trigger guard is very Sig 220 like. The striker system and polymer frame with assesory rail screams Glock. And the grip shape and feel is very Browning Hi-power feeling and a touch of 1911 (grip safety) ;)

I haven't found a Ruger in there yet but I am still looking :p

I love this pistol. The Extreme Duty zytel holster works great for CCW also.

kgpcr
September 14, 2005, 11:12 PM
i love my three XD's!! They are truly one of the best out there at any price. no more Glocks for me. Ill take an XD over an H&K or a Glock any day

amaverick
September 15, 2005, 11:59 PM
XD-Mini 9mm or GLock 26? I just cannot decide. I was looking at a factory reconditioned Glock 26, 2 clips for 400.00 but I really like the small XD 9mm also. XD's seem to get a lot of respect here. Thanks, =) amaverick

rgoudy1975
September 16, 2005, 12:07 AM
I just bought an XD-40 and my best friend got the XD-9. Granted, both are service models, 4'' barrels. They shoot flawlessly. We love them. I've had Glocks and I still think that they're great guns, but XD's are a hair less expensive and have the additional safety. I got my XD-40 new with two 12 round mads for $429. I see XD's on forums for sale occassionally for around $350 used.

amaverick
September 16, 2005, 12:17 AM
Thanks for the quick reply. I was actually leaning toward the XD9. I also like the small flashlight attachment. It would be for CCW. I am afraid my Hi-Power is too big for that purpose and the XD fits well in my hand even though I have large hands. Then again the Glock fits well. I certainly agree both great guns as you say. Would you be hesitant to buy a reconditioned Glock for 400 with warranty and 2 clips?

leadcounsel
September 16, 2005, 12:33 AM
Have XDs and Glocks and love 'em both. You can't go wrong with either gun.

tingle
September 16, 2005, 12:33 AM
Shotgun News. Ron Shirk (717) 272 3576. G26 $419 new. I don't know how much they charge for shipping to your FFL.

amaverick
September 16, 2005, 12:57 AM
Thanks, I will check him out. These two seem so equal in 'ratings' it is going to have to come down to which feels better in my hand. The extra safety features the XD offer are a plus for me but I know some prefer to do w/o them.

leadcounsel
September 16, 2005, 10:32 AM
+ for Glock = better trigger (especially on subsequent shots where the trigger is lighter), more proven track record (vs. XD), stronger and more durable slide.

+ for Springfield XD = about $100 less in my area (but prices are going up to be more in line with Glock as the XD gains a following), and the grip safety, and the cocked indicator and better loaded chamber indicator (latter two are minor IMO). I'm not certain, but the XD might have a better warranty.

For ME, for a carry gun I chose the XD ONLY because of the grip safety. When I carried a Glock I carried it without a round in the chamber because, while I know that's silly and I completely understand the safety mechanism, it made me feel more comfortable. Now I carry the XD. For a purely home defense handgun, it's the Glock.

Good luck with either. I say get BOTH! :D

dave_in_delaware
September 16, 2005, 10:47 AM
I have had an XD-9 subbie for a few months, and I love it! I'm still learning accuracy, but the gun is perfect for my needs (target, and SD at home). I had tried it next to a similar sized Glock, but the Glock felt too top-heavy, and wasn't as comfortable for me to shoot. I got mine for $420 (came with a 10 rnd mag and a 15 rnd (w/ sleeve) mag).

I also got my fiancee the same thing (but had it specially colored by Canyon Creek) a few weeks ago. Her's was "used but never fired" for $330. She loves it, too. she shoots 2" groups with it on a good day. It fits her hands perfectly.

I have no idea about Glocks, but Springfield has a lifetime warranty on their guns. My gun has been dependable, easy to field strip and clean, and eats a variety of ammo so far (both FMJ and JHP). I would trust my life with my XD.

Check out www.xdtalk.com for another forum's opinions on their XDs.

amaverick
September 16, 2005, 07:16 PM
Thanks, I found one today NIB with two regular clips, case, locks, cleaning stuff for 399.00. I would have it now but the computers for the check went down and I came home. I will try and pick it up tomorrow or Monday. He said the next shipment will be about 30 dollars more which is what the other gun shops in town sell them for.

Mr.XD9mm
September 18, 2005, 12:17 AM
I bought my XD9 and I love the hell out of it. Plan to buy a HK later on in the year but have had nothing wrong with the XD so far.
Most of the people I have talked too and things I have seen make this pistol a good choice. It's hard to see Springfield let this pistol go for such a reasonable price, maybe they waiting to get more people hooked.
Then BAM price increase on account of increase demand wouldn't surprise me if this pistol is more expensive in the next coming years or if value increases when you try to sell it later.