PDA

View Full Version : Ajax Grips on Kimber Custom II

Fistandalis
September 14, 2005, 06:20 PM
Hello all,

New guy and new Kimber owner here. I just purchased my first 1911 a Kimber Custom II havent even shot it yet. My question does anybody know about ajax grips I want to put some pearllite grips on my Kimber. Good or bad idea?

Thanks

Eghad
September 14, 2005, 06:33 PM
noooooooooooo not the pimp grips

just kiddin

white or black? I like the White better than the black ones.....

personally If I was going to do something like that I would like the Buffalo Horn grips or the Staglite grips

Snub357
September 14, 2005, 07:55 PM
Just my opinion, but anything but WOOD will cheese up your nice pistol.

shooter1
September 14, 2005, 09:13 PM
Pimp gun! I like my pearlite grips on my SS Pro Carry. I got the black ones. Really looks sharp in my leather duty rig.
str1

Eghad
September 14, 2005, 10:33 PM
everything goes better with a little cheese :D

Fistandalis
September 15, 2005, 05:36 AM
OK, I see I might have been a little caught up in the moment. I saw the stag and bone grips and did like those as well. Maybe I'll post the grips on ebay. Probably turn a profit too. I am not against wood grips but would a lighter wood grain work? I want to offset the darkness of the gun. I am looking forward to trying the gun out this weekend. I almost but the Springfield Mil-Sec but believe it or not the Kimber was cheaper. 683.00 with tax.

Seraph
September 15, 2005, 07:37 AM
I don't really go for the light grips on a dark gun thing myself. For something to contrast with that dark, blued pistol, I'd choose dramatically figured hardwood, in a reddish color.

http://1911pistolgrips.com/img/grips/255_snakewood_full.jpg
http://1911pistolgrips.com/img/grips/260_amboyna_full.jpg

Fistandalis
September 15, 2005, 09:18 AM
I like the 2nd pair. I think the redwood color would look good on the dark gun. I have already changed my order with ajax as i dont want to upset the Kimber community :D

malachi
September 15, 2005, 06:21 PM
If you like white, check out tru-ivory's web site.