PDA

View Full Version : HK/SIG Ballistic fingerprinting cases

Ramcharger
September 14, 2005, 12:31 PM
Now I know I'll never get one of these....
I was at Turners (California) when a shipment of new SIg pistols were being invertoried I guess and I noticed all the SIG firearms came with a note/sticker on the box thats stated a test fired case is included. Now have you guys that have bought new Sigs? Have you gotten this test fired "ballistic fingerprint" when you got your pistol or did the dealer keep it? :cool:
When I asked the guy in the counter he said all SIgs and HKs now come with a test fired case.

When my bud bought his 220 it didn't have no stinkin' empty shell...
So what do they do with em? California as ass backwards as it is still does not require a test case to be sent to the DOJ....
But apparently they are coming from the factory with one...

ATW525
September 14, 2005, 12:47 PM
I have a casing with my P228. Some states require the casings, so I imagine they just include them with every gun, since they test fire them all anyways. If you don't live in a state that requires the casing it's no big deal, you just keep the casing yourself.

p99guy
September 14, 2005, 01:21 PM
They come with all FN pistols as well these days as some states require them, its easier to just include one with all of them....it also lets you know a date of test fire, which is intresting in a way.