PDA

View Full Version : best place for any used glock

texas1985
September 13, 2005, 09:31 AM
is there a place (i live in houston) to look at used glocks and maybe make a purchase. Any info would be helpful.

tjhands
September 13, 2005, 09:46 AM
Hi. Have you looked online? Try looking at gunbroker.com and auctionarms.com

You won't have to pay state sales tax on these guns (unless the seller is from your home state). All you pay is the price that the gun sells for + a shipping charge (usually around $20) + the charge to send it to a licensed firearms dealer in your area (called an FFL). That price is usually about $25 also. Call the dealers in your area and see if they are willing to serve you in that capacity before you buy the gun.

Eghad
September 13, 2005, 10:01 AM
J&G sales online or CDNN

you can go to gun broker and see if you can find a FFL in your arear to do the transfer...........

once the company has the FFL on file it gets easier to do repeat business.

Zekewolf
September 13, 2005, 10:11 AM
No sales tax on private sales in the REAL States! ;) I look for private sales; have found many at local range.

kgpcr
September 13, 2005, 10:19 AM
Personaly i would look at an XD. you can buy a new one for the price of a used Glock. I have three XD's and i love them. try one out and see how you like it. I have friends that love my XD's more than thier Glocks. some are changing over. Try one you will love it!!

jonathon
September 13, 2005, 11:41 AM
Summit GunBroker has G17 factory refurbs for $365 + shipping and FFL transfer.

Otherwise, I'd look around GlockTalk.com, and ask there. Lot of Texans there :cool:

AMT8951
September 13, 2005, 03:00 PM
I bought a used Glock 19 as a Christmas present for my father in law a couple of years ago. I got it from KY Imports cost about $350 + tax, shipping etc. It was a typical police trade in. Some holster wear but good bore and guts. Even came with night sights. You might want to give them a try. KY (http://www.kyimports.com/glock.htm#Glock)

hknut
September 13, 2005, 03:14 PM
Just find a local dealer that sells NEW GLOCK'S, they ALWAYS have used one's for sale, Hmmm I wonder why? :D

Gary L. Griffiths
September 13, 2005, 09:42 PM
best place for any used glock
The toilet.

'Course, it'll jam up the toilet, too. :D

AustinMike
September 16, 2005, 04:49 PM
I've bought two Glock refurbs from Summit Gun Broker (http://www.summitgunbroker.com/) . Got a Glock 17 and a 22. Both are great and work as good as brand new. I'm using them in IPSC and steel matches. They're 2nd generation frames, which I prefer over the newer finger grooved varieties. Mark is a great guy to deal with.

jonathon
September 16, 2005, 04:51 PM
Just find a local dealer that sells NEW GLOCK'S, they ALWAYS have used one's for sale, Hmmm I wonder why?

Probalby due to the fact that %65-70 of LE uses Glocks, and every few years, they trade up to the lastest and greatest. Most times they go straight back to Glock to get refurbed. Though I've seen several LE trade in Glocks that look like they were right out of the holster.

spacemanspiff
September 16, 2005, 04:56 PM
best place for any used glock
dang you gary! you beat me to it! :D

jonathon
September 16, 2005, 05:02 PM
Still packin' that Kimber, Spiffy?

spacemanspiff
September 16, 2005, 05:04 PM
pshaawwww! no doubt dawg! dat kimmy be all dat and a bag of pretzels yo!
:eek:

boofus
September 16, 2005, 05:18 PM
Those of us in Texas have to pay sales tax when we order from CDNN. We got the butt end of that deal. :(

When everyone on Glock Talk and Sigforum rave about the trade-in Glock or Sig they got for $300 from CDNN I kind of just jealously say "good for them." :o

jonathon
September 16, 2005, 05:30 PM
pshaawwww! no doubt dawg! dat kimmy be all dat and a bag of pretzels yo!

:D

Check out the Steyr M(I believe that's it). It's an ugly version of the Glock with a nicer grip. And it is cheaper.

TX sales tax is 8.25% still, right? Ouch..