PDA

View Full Version : What for My First Time

texas1985
September 13, 2005, 09:19 AM
i am going to make a purchase for a concealed gun shortly. Though i am a pretty big guy and can handle myself, noone want to fight anymore. You better have a peice when you stop to fill up for gas. I was wandering about the glock 27 ( a .40 caliber) or the glock 30 ( a .45). Are they reliable, and when i shoot someone, i will shoot to kill, because it will hold up better in court that way. (atleast that's what most cops say) I just don't want to have to kill someone in front of my wife or child, henceforth, i need something some ass and will stop someone in their tracks. All the while, this will be on somewhat of a budget. My aunt recently baught a tuarus .40 and said she would sell it to me for buying price of $325. What to do, oh what to do.???

'75Scout
September 13, 2005, 09:24 AM
I love my GLOCK 26. If you can find a good used GLOCK 27 or 40 they shouldn't be much more than the price of that Taurus, and the reputation of the GLOCK is much less shady. I'm not sayng Taurus' suck, I'm just saying far less people have complaind about the performance of the GLOCKs. And I have no personal experience with the Taurus brand.

Mark54g
September 13, 2005, 09:49 AM
Tex,

Take this advice with a grain of salt. Any gun can kill someone, even a .17HMR or .22 short. A 45 can leave someone mad enough to kill you and your wife, even if he is dead and doesn't know it.
Be careful and shoot straight.

As for shooting to kill; DON'T. Shoot to stop. If that means you put 3 rounds or 13 into them, keep firing. If they turn tail and run as you draw, the threat may be averted. Stay at the ready and call for law enforcement. It will not likely hold up better in court that you wanted to kill this man or woman. It will be better that you wanted to stop them from whatever it was that made you draw.

Any of the top end service calibers will keep you ahead of the game. A 9mm, .357mag, .357sig, .40S&W, 10mm and .45ACP or .45GAP will kill someone or stop them. The weapon will do its job, you do yours.

Be safe.

XavierBreath
September 13, 2005, 09:54 AM
Are they reliable, and when i shoot someone, i will shoot to kill, because it will hold up better in court that way. (atleast that's what most cops say) I just don't want to have to kill someone in front of my wife or child, henceforth, i need something some ass and will stop someone in their tracks..............What to do, oh what to do.???
From your statements above, it appears you want something that will not kill a person in front of your wife and children, but instead will blow them into an alley where they will die in a less offensive fashion. :confused:

Get training.
There's a lot of people running around wanting guns right now in Texas, Louisiana and Mississippi. What they really want is safety and security. Guns don't give security. Training does. Get training. Your mind is the weapon. A gun is a tool.

texas_42
September 14, 2005, 09:22 PM
Those are 3 words that you need to wipe out of your mind. You are trying to stop a person,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,not kill him. That is the first thing my instructer told our group when we were taking class for carry license.

Half-Price Assassin
September 14, 2005, 10:31 PM
".........and when i shoot someone, i will shoot to kill........"

Wow! somebody really needs Jesus! :eek:

ok that just made my day, you should probably edit that, yeah....

well if you interested in killing power get a .44 magnum, it will blow your head clean off, well thats what i heard from some fisco cop, thats is.

but after you find Jesus, yes a GLOCK is an awesome CCW, hey i trust mine, (wimpy 9mm), you cant go wrong with GLOCK, simple, and they fire, everytime!

bulbboy
September 15, 2005, 05:31 PM
Now - back to the question he is asking... I have a G27 and love it! Very controllable and concealable - you might also look at the Kahr MK40 a little thinner than the Glock - I have both (in the Kahr the 9mm version) and really like both