PDA

View Full Version : XD amount of rds?

Mr.XD9mm
September 12, 2005, 10:50 PM
Wanted to see how many rounds you have shot through your XD?
Any problems with any certain brands of ammo?
Have been shooting Winchester USA white box brand 115gr FMJ's and they seem to do the trick.

Topthis
September 12, 2005, 11:41 PM
I have put over 5,000 rounds through mine. It will eat anything I put in it. WWB is great for your plinking ammo, in fact I can think of no better ammo to use while getting the feel for your XD. I have used WWB, CCI (both Aluminum and Brass), UMC, Remington and even.....Wolf. Like I said, this gun will eat anything you feed it. Go to HS2000talk.com for more information about your XD, it is a site that is dedicated to the XD, you will find tips on refining your weapon and your technique. Good Shooting!!

kgpcr
September 12, 2005, 11:48 PM
i have 3 XD's and no problems with any good ammo WWB is just fine. The only problem i ever had with my XD40 was a friend who had a box of factory ammo of a name that i have never heard of. It was very light and super dirty, smoked like black powder only worse and really stunk. had two that were not strong enough to cycle the action. I made him throw the 80 that he had not shot away and gave him my reloads and away we went. WWB. Wolf, American eagle, UMC, SB etc will work great. I have even went LONG stretches in between cleanings to get mine to malfunction but it has not. They are great hanguns and the most undervalued on the market in my mind. i am planning on adding number 4 soon.

Alaskanmonte
September 13, 2005, 02:06 AM
I have about 3,500 reounds through my XD-9 and it has been an excellant gun. I have had one FTFeed with federal ammo during the first 500 rounds or so. After that it has been everything I expected it to be and more. Good gun for the money.

payne
September 13, 2005, 07:23 PM
Oh lordy, I've lost count on the rounds. quite a few thousand i must say. Never a problem though. Well, i had a failure to extract once with Wolf ammo. Just to let you know if you don't already, Wolf is about as cheap as it gets with ammo. Other than wolf, that baby will suck up anything u put in it.

Mr.XD9mm
September 13, 2005, 09:52 PM
Anyone have any favorites that they shoot for target rounds? Have been stocking up on Winchester's USA ( white box brand) in 115gr FMJ because they have had good prices on these. Are there any others that are equally inexpensive that have low failure rate?

dave_in_delaware
September 13, 2005, 10:37 PM
I guess my XD-9 is relatively new (870 rounds) compared to some here, but I've fed it Winchester WB 115gr, CCI Blazer Brass 115gr, and Remington UMC 115gr, and Winchester JHP 147gr, and the gun has liked them all. I prefer the WWB for target shooting (due to its price at Wal-Mart - $11.34 for 100 rounds), but I also keep Winchester 147gr JHP loaded in my mags at home for SD.

Only 1 FTF, but it was due to an obviously mangled case on a Remington UMC round.

+1 on http://www.xdtalk.com awesome site for the XD owner!

shooter429
September 14, 2005, 03:43 PM
Mine is probably at around the 750 mark. Barely broken in. Runs perfectly with all brands, weights, power levels and bullet types. She is surely omniverous. Only 1FTE at about round 500-due to ammo (factory reloaded FMJ crap, which had deformed case). Switched back to regular factory loads and it has been perfect since. I love it! Cheers!

Shooter429

us.armysniper
September 14, 2005, 05:06 PM
Over 1000 of the winchester wal-mart special and the are great no problems of any kind, the most in one sitting was 250 rds and it never slowed down.
I have also put the following through, but just a box or two of each.

Hornaday 180gr xtp
pmc 165gr fmj
remington 165gr golden sabers
winchester 165gr sxt
ultarmax 180gr cnl
umc ---gr? fmj.
federal 155gr hydra-shok

No problems with any of them they all feed and chamber with absolutly no problems.