PDA

View Full Version : Bushmaster Carbon 15 Type 97S Pistol

BillCnKC
September 12, 2005, 09:15 AM
All--

Does ANYONE have one of the new Bushmaster Carbon 15 Type 97S pistols? The one with the full length rail on top, the under-rail, and the handguard barrel shroud?

My question relates to none of these features, but to the dual feed ramps. IF you have one, are the feed ramps milled down into the carbon fiber itself? If not, does your Carbon 15 jam a lot, particularly with softpoint or hollow point ammunition?

Thanks!

--seal killer
ps I have one of the original Bushmaster Carbon 15 Type 97 pistols. It did NOT have the feed ramps milled down into the carbon fiber. Thus, with anything other than ball ammunition, it was a jammomatic. Bushmaster solved my problem in nothing flat by milling the feed ramps down into the carbon fiber. Now, it eats anything and does so VERY quickly!

Grayrider
September 12, 2005, 09:38 AM
I will take a look at my BM21S ramps when I get a chance, but can tell you it runs quite well with most military type ammo. It does not like light loaded ammo, such as varmit rounds or Wolf. Tends to short cycle. No biggie. It eats Lake City SS109 and South African mil-surp with zero problems.

GR