PDA

View Full Version : good grips for Walther PPK

blume357
September 12, 2005, 05:50 AM
I just purchased a Walther (Interarms) PPK in stainless steel. Besides Hogues wood grips (they don't seem to have rubber ones for this model) is there any place that offers good grips for this little pistol. They need to be small to fit my wife's hands.

XavierBreath
September 12, 2005, 06:25 AM
I will say this.... When I owned a PPK/S, I bought a set of rubber Pachmayrs for it. They were absolute garbage. They changed position on the pistol no matter what I tried.

Wood, stag, bone, ivory and rubber grips are available. Do a Google search.

michael t
September 12, 2005, 04:21 PM
Well if you want the rubber there are pacmyers. I have bufflo horn on mine they very smooth and thin. I also have a set of the simi Ivory. The factory grips are pretty thin. I don't belive your going to find much thinner than that. If your good with wood you could make your own. My grips are Ajax grips and both pair of mine required a few min of fitting. Be careful and don't over tighten screw or you will crack the grips. I hope you enjoy you PPK/S as much as I enjoy mine. Its been trouble free for years. If Iam not packing a 1911 Chances are I have my PPK/S instead I use the 90grHP CorBon for carry.

SouthpawShootr
September 12, 2005, 08:32 PM
I think Nill grips are awesome. If you like....be warned these will cause sticker shock.

http://nill-griffe.de/produktbilder/WA1258.jpg

You can look them over here: www.nill-griffe.com

US distributor is here: www.mactec-militaryarms.com/nill_grips.html

You will have to special order them, it looks like.

I have a set of Hogue checkered wood on my pre-WWII PPK .32 (it's a shooter, not collector gun) and I happen to like them better than the factory Walther grips, but they are much thicker.

Combat Kenny
September 13, 2005, 05:24 AM
Hi guys and gals

I have a SW/Walther PPK/S. Great little gun. By chance, I was lucky enough to pick up a Crimson Trace rubber laser grips for it. Oddly, the company stop production of it. They made a ad for it, but never included it in the new catalogs. It works great, feels great and a great deterence for the bad guy. One negative thing is that, you have to use the other hand for the mag release. Other than that, highly recommended.

Good luck and good shooting