PDA

View Full Version : Ruger P95DPR Looks Good

sgtfrank
September 11, 2005, 05:44 PM
Got a P95DPR

Just got it yesterday I will give a range report this week

I am restricted to a 38. or a 9mm on my job the choice was of course a 9mm.

I must say having had many pistols in my life that this ruger looks mighty good for the price 327$ plus tax.Trigger feels excellent. I am looking for pre ban hi caps I live in hillary and shummer NYC commie-land and they kept brady in effect. Thanks gov. Pataki. My company only allows factory mags. I can carry only factory loads in JHP I'm thinking gold dot 124+p.......

Any Thoughts......OVER :cool:

Psalm 144:1
September 11, 2005, 06:45 PM
When I was a security guard, our company also specified .38 Special or 9mm, but in their infinite wisdom, they restricted us to ball ammo(for liability purposes,if you can believe that!) This was back in the good old days of wondernines and the $3.35 minimum wage,so me and my Astra A-90 made the scene and had us some fine old times. But,I digress. You can`t go wrong with a Ruger in terms of affordability and reliability....wish I still had mine. The trigger guard of a P series Ruger is sized to accommodate a gloved finger, and the magazine release system is effectively ambidextrous- both expensive custom features on most handguns. Magazines are available everywhere and some come with ambi decockers, a useful feature if you happen to be a lefty, or realize that you just might have to shoot the thing weak-handed someday to save the ol` bacon. Buy it! Cherish it! It won`t let you down.

Jkwas
September 11, 2005, 08:18 PM
Given the choice, the Ruger 9mm won't let you down. Super reliable. Mine has never had one issue in about 1000rnds. I use the 124gn pmc starfire for SD, and anything else for target. Mostly wwb 115 gn. Good Luck.

WillBrayjr
September 11, 2005, 08:29 PM
Ruger makes fine firearms. Your new Ruger will handle anything you feed it including +P+ with no problems. The P-Series autos have one real flaw, the magazine release spring tends to wear out so replacing it everytime you replace the recoil spring is advised.

rdebert
September 12, 2005, 07:48 PM
Flaw? No such thing as a "flaw." That is a "design feature." :)

sgtfrank
September 12, 2005, 07:55 PM
Man this thing is a shooter!... My range is 50 ft about 17 yds. the thing from the bench shoots under 2" with win wb 115's. It shoots everthing I fed it, in order -- 20 rounds of each=== Rem GS124 +p, win 147 hp wb, rem 115 hp+p, cor-bon 115+p, cor bon 125 +p,Rem 115 hp +p+, Fed 115hp +p+,Hornady 124 hp, speer GD 124,+ 124 +p , winchester ranger 127 hp +p+, FED 135 hp HS and.... not even a hicupp....

I must say though, I am not a fan of federal hydra shock, every test I've seen shows they are inconsistent when clothing (cloth or pants etc.)are in the picture ..they don't expand or turn sidways...and here in western NY we have to dress warm 6 months out of the year. I think I am going to load +p 124 Gold Dots My life may very well hing on one.... :eek:

And now a good cleaning....I don't care what people say P95s are here to stay.. :o

sgtfrank
September 12, 2005, 08:42 PM
You mean that the ruger is a bad pistol? I don't care, your'e opinion is welcome, but I don't know what you mean. Can you be more specific? There are flaw's in many designs. of many types. So I am curious
if you just ment it was sub standard or what... I see a lot of people who dislike rugers thats ok by me.

:p

mark8252
September 12, 2005, 09:46 PM
I bought a like new Ruger P95DC and liked it so much I sold it to my brother for what I paid for it...$219.00
Thats the best I can say about any firearm. My brother has one gun in his home for self defense. I trust that pistol to save my brother.
He takes it out once a month and practices with it. Once a month....every month. That was part of the deal I made with him.
The practise will give him the confidence... which will give him the edge when he really needs it.

:) :) :) :)

rdebert
September 13, 2005, 08:26 PM
That was merely a light hearted joke actually (spin: flaw becomes a feature). I think Ruger makes a great firearm. I have 2 myself. And I will not part with them. Have routinely stated here that I can consistently shoot by KP94 model in 9mm more accurately than my Beretta 92FS. I have a lot of hand guns and have traded in and out of many others. Having said that...I like the Baby Eagle line the best...but I TRUST the Ruger's the most. Sorry if there was any confusion.

blume357
September 14, 2005, 05:21 AM
I was given my brother in laws Ruger P95 (decocker) last year after he died. At first I couldn't shoot it worth a darn. I don't know if it was me (a wheel gun guy) or the pistol... but after a few hundred rounds either it or me calmed down... even though they sometimes get bad reps I think these Rugers are great...

One 'feature' I think would be well worth it if (TSHTF) is the ruger 9mm carbine that uses the same magazines as the pistol. I know the 9mm round would not be most folks first choice for a rifle...but I think in the 100-200 yard range you would most likely be in in an urban environment this would be adiquate and the ability to have not only one type of ammo but one type of magazine could be a major advantage.

I plan to get one...in the next year or so.