PDA

View Full Version : Beretta 9000S vs. Springfield XD Subcompact

Maddog_Enigma
September 11, 2005, 05:29 PM
Size Dimensions...I'm contemplating these 2 guns... which one is smaller and by how much? If you know the exact dimensions for either (or both) please post it here. Thank you!

topspin43
September 11, 2005, 07:18 PM
use the database to find both guns. Contains dimensions

http://www.genitron.com/

dpetreikis
September 11, 2005, 07:29 PM
well, i'm not sure about size, but i see that someone had already given you a link to see for yourself. i can tell you,however that i have owned a beretta 9000 and know several people who own xd's. the beretta needed a few hundred rounds to break it in before it became reliable.. had lot of failures to feed at first, but loosened up after 300-400 rounds. very comfortable gun to hold. hard to rack the slide back because of its low profile. lots of good thingd heard about the xd. styling for the xd is chunky, 9000 is very swoopy and futuristic but has a thick grip area so you need good-sized hands. overall, advantage goes to xd, i'd say

Maddog_Enigma
September 11, 2005, 08:50 PM
Yes, dpetreikis, I am aware what a great gun the XD is, I own one (9mm service) but I need something a bit smaller and good for CCW. I'd jump all over the XD-Sub (which was my original plan) but the beretta is literally HALF the price. So, I was thinking that if the sizes were comparable, I'd go with the 9000s.

Gonna check the above link now. Thanks for the link topspin!

HighValleyRanch
September 11, 2005, 09:00 PM
As I stated in a thread on the beretta 9000s, I had a chance to hold one this week at the gun shop.
It was fatter and bigger than I imagined from the specs. You just can't go by the spec sheet because each manufacturer measures from different places. The berreta 9000s is IMHO pretty fat and clunky for easy CCW. Shorter than a glock 19, but as long in the grips, and fatter in the grip. I mean you had better have long fingers to pull that trigger with the fat grip and the long DOA!
I had a chance at the same time to hold and dry fire a Kahr p9, and that was one sweet gun. Small, but still three finger hold, very thin, and nice smooth trigger pull! Not quite as definite a trigger break as my glocks, but very smooth light pull through. Kahr will be on my future list for sure.

The beretta 9000s sure looks sweet on the web screen, but better see one in person first!

mgdavis
September 11, 2005, 09:08 PM
+1 to try-before-you-buy. I bought my 9000s sight unseen, and kinda wish I had gone for something else as a ccw pistol.