PDA

View Full Version : pp99,usp or browning practical

bluescomes
September 11, 2005, 05:29 PM
I'm going to get my first ever pistol and i don't think i will be buying another one for sometime.that's gonna be a 9mm.I tried to check all posts that concern me but i really need a choice between these 3 guns only.In about a few days i have to make my desicion about which to buy and i can't wait to hear the opinions.Thank you

Lord_Nikon
September 11, 2005, 05:37 PM
Personally, I think the USP is a bit overbuilt for a 9mm. That could be a good thing or a bad thing, but I don't like it. The P99 is extremely comfortable for me, as is the Browning. All are nice guns. I'd go with the P99, but it all depends on you.

Henry Baker
September 11, 2005, 05:45 PM
Lork_Nikon is exactly right. All are superb, but I'de say take the P99. Walthers have sweet triggers, excelent reliability, great accuracy, and great customer service. Also the P99 is big enough to use at the range and tactically, but small enough to conceal.

TiP99
September 11, 2005, 05:53 PM
id also confirm the p99. Fantastic pistol. reliable, pretty, and james bond uses it. need i say more.

Combat Kenny
September 13, 2005, 06:03 AM
Hi

OK OK, when Bond went to a P99, I went out and bought one too. Love it. But when Walther came out it the compact, boy, I loved it. Had to get it. Have not regret it since. Since the wife has not caught me, I'm still alive today. :D Got some Meprolight night sights for it. 9mm ammo is still cheap to shoot. Small enough for CCW and would take the full size mags too.

Good luck and good shooting

TiP99
September 13, 2005, 07:55 PM
If i lived in a free state and i could ccw i would strongly consider the p99c. The p99 is not large any how. Now they need to release a P99 Long slide or ported.

Half-Price Assassin
September 14, 2005, 10:55 AM
Get yourself a GLOCK, and forget that over priced USP, P99, and old Browning.

ok, ok, from those three, i would, well i bought a USP (compact, and fullsize).

bluescomes
September 14, 2005, 03:17 PM
well,glock is not an oprtion atm .I live in istanbul/Turkey and these 3 pistols are the only ones available for purchase(others are in the second hand market)

WillBrayjr
September 14, 2005, 03:32 PM
By Browning Practical, I take it that you are talking about the Hi-Power. The USP from what I understand was built specifically for the 40S&W so 9mm won't be a problem at all. The Walther P-99 isn't a bad choice either. If you are comfortable with C&L I recommend the Hi-Power because it's hard to argue with something that stood the test of time ;)

boofus
September 14, 2005, 10:32 PM
Buy something trashy like a Lorcin or Jennings so you will learn to appreciate the high quality guns. :D

My first handgun was a USP .45 and it spoiled me rotten. Went bang every time and never jammed.

croyance
September 15, 2005, 01:09 AM
All fine guns. You won't really go wrong.
For me, the Browning HiPower would be the choise. It fits my hand very well. I am more accurate and precise with it. It may be different for you.
Now if I were using higher pressure rounds, I would get a heavier recoil spring for the Browning.

People complain about the trigger, but will then also recommend a Glock. This tells you how little a good trigger means. The worst Browning has a better trigger than any Glock. The Browning's trigger will smooth out with use.

Alaskanmonte
September 15, 2005, 12:55 PM
Brownig Hi-power Practical. It was and still is THE BEST 9mm in my opinion.