PDA

View Full Version : Seecamp .32 ACP Ammo Recommendations

P9S45
September 10, 2005, 01:35 AM
I noticed that ammo recommendations for the Seecamp pistols were updated on the company's web site at the end of August. There is some really detailed information that is very helpful.

Link: http://seecamp.com/ammunition.htm

Does anyone have any additional information on the ammunition brands that were mentioned or others that weren't discussed? Success stories? Horror stories?

kymasabe
September 10, 2005, 11:33 AM
I think because of the change in Silvertips that Seecamp no longer recommends them. I think the new ammo they are recommending that has been operating (feeding/ejecting) well is Federal Hydro-Shoks. My Kel-Tec has had issues with feeding JHP rounds so I'm looking for something a little smoother and better feeding. Am looking into Cor-Bon Powerball. I'm not sure if they make it in your size but you may want to check them out too.

Robert Hairless
September 14, 2005, 01:53 AM
Every brand and box of new .32 ACP I've tried has worked flawlessly, including Silvertips.

kymasabe
September 14, 2005, 01:33 PM
This is copied right from Seecamp's ammo recommendation tab on their website.

First Choice: Hornady 60 grain SJH/XTP; older style Winchester Silvertips (identified by no expansion cuts on bullet nose); Speer Gold Dot. Second choice: Fiocchi; Federal Hydra Shok; Glaser Safety Slugs.

LWS.32 pistols are currently test fired with Hydra Shoks. A pistol that will reliably feed Hydra Shok will also feed Hornady and Gold Dot, while the reverse is not necessarily true

cje1980
September 14, 2005, 04:59 PM
I would use FMJ with a flat nose. Any HP design in the .32 cartridge isn't going to offer good enough penetration. Winchester is making flat-nosed FMJ in the white box stuff which is also good and cheap for practice.

michael t
September 15, 2005, 01:31 PM
Its a matter of OAL of the rounds the ones listed are short. This is one reason no rim lock problem . Mag designed for shorter OAL 32auto. Ball won't work relieably neither would CorBon.I tried, too long OAL. Use what their listing and will run as suppose to.