PDA

View Full Version : Colt conversion kit.....question..

aspen1964
September 8, 2005, 09:17 PM
..has anybody used a 22 conversion on their 45 auto?..what did you think?.. was it useful enough...shot ok???etc....?

BigG
September 9, 2005, 10:03 AM
I use a Ciener kit on my Gold Cup. It's more accurate than the 45. At least it's easier to shoot accurately. Imagine the Colt kit would be similar. HTH

Seraph
September 9, 2005, 10:27 AM
aspen, I hope you don't mind if I semi-jack your thread. I've been thinking about getting a frame, and putting together a dedicated full-time .22 1911. I'd like to know if others have done this, and whether I should prefer the Ciener or the Marvel kit.

ncgunnut
September 9, 2005, 12:05 PM
I just bought a cierner .22 conversion kit for my colt mark IV series 80 government model. I tried two types of ammunition, remmington standard velocity jacketed and PMC standard velocity jacketed. The remmington ammo fed with no problem but the PMC ammo would not feed reliably. I was told to use standard velocity or high velocity jacketed ammo, that lead bullets and subsonic ammo won't feed well.

I think the ciener conversion kit is a great training aid for gun handling skills, a great plinker and accurate enough to hit small game

BigG
September 9, 2005, 12:22 PM
ncgunnut: My Ciener is several years old but I think they recommend high speed ammo only.

I buy the cheapest kind with plated bullets. Works great. Believe Winchester Super X brand exhibits best accuracy in my model but it costs more so I often buy Wal-Mart milk cartons of whatever and they work fine. Minute of beer can fun. :D