PDA

View Full Version : help me field strip my Taurus 24/7

ParagonSig
September 8, 2005, 05:59 PM
I have the pin out. The slide refuses to move forward more than 1/4 inch, and I tried pulling the trigger at the same time (as someone else suggested), but that didn't work. What am I not doing? :confused:

Grayrider
September 8, 2005, 07:00 PM
Mine was really tight at first. Just a thought. It did not take a hammer mind you, just took a heavier pull than I thought it should.

GR

kymasabe
September 8, 2005, 07:12 PM
Disassembly should be the same as my Millennium Pro...you're going to have to pull the trigger then really yank the slide off the first time. Takes a little getting used to. First time was the hardest, and getting the pin back in was a challenge. Now (about 5 or 6 times later) is a piece of cake. Easy and fast.
Good luck.

packa45
September 8, 2005, 08:06 PM
Disassembly should be the same as my Millennium Pro...you're going to have to pull the trigger then really yank the slide off the first time. Takes a little getting used to. First time was the hardest, and getting the pin back in was a challenge. Now (about 5 or 6 times later) is a piece of cake. Easy and fast.

Good post. My 24/7 was the same way. First time take down I had to pull the trigger and slide off harder than I expected. Since then I've taken it down maybe 15-20 times and everything is much smoother especially the pin. I've been surprised that the polished top of the barrel has not scratched at all and I've been pretty rough on it.

goombaypunch
September 8, 2005, 11:45 PM
same here, was so tough that when i finaly yanked it off I cut my self :( but it slides right off after 10 or so times and has been 100% reliable through 2000 rounds :)

SONICMASD
September 9, 2005, 11:53 PM
wow, my 24/7 was never a problem.

slide back, pin out, pull trigger as u pull the slide forward and thats it. i guess just try pulling harder??

kymasabe
September 10, 2005, 02:03 PM
I haven'ttried mine in a month or so but maybe it's a pull and HOLD trigger while pulling the slide kinda thing. I forget.

Fredtp
January 14, 2006, 09:19 PM
:confused: The "pin" you are talking about, is that the disassembly pin? The one you rotate and pull out? Then I just have to pull the trigger and the slide slides off? I have been having trouble getting mine off..