View Full Version : Opinions

Klaud Wachnen
September 8, 2005, 12:25 PM
I found good deals on these.

Imi Baby Eagle .40 - 350$

Imi Sp21 - 440$

Springfield xd9 - 365$

Bersa thunder 9 - 250 $

I dont know much about the sp21 if anyone does can please give me some information. I want to know if these are great deals, almost steals?

Thanks, much appreciated

Wynterbourne
September 8, 2005, 12:59 PM
Imi Baby Eagle .40 - 350$

Which version? Is it the polymer compact or the steel full sized?

The steel full sized normally runs between $399 and $450. I have the 9mm version, and I abso-freaking-lutely adore it. It's accurate, reliable, and an exceptionally soft shooter. It almost feels like a pellet gun with the right ammunition.

The magazine release is reversible, the safety/decocker is truly ambidextrous, and the magazines drop free. The DA pull is nice, but the SA pull is just sweet. It is a bit hefty, but extremely thin, and relatively easy to conceal. The length and heft does cause a few problems if you ever plan to conceal, and all you do is sit.

The only real problem is finding holsters. HBE Leatherworks and Tucker Gunleather are two of the better holster makers for the B.Eagle. Personally, I prefer Tucker Gunleather.

Of course, if it's the Polymer, I have no clue. So take what I said above with a grain of salt.

Imi Sp21 - 440$

Blah! God that's an ugly pistol.

In all seriousness, it's supposed to be a fairly decent weapon. Personally, I didn't like it though. The trigger wasn't the same quality as other IMI models, and the grip just didn't feel right.

Springfield xd9 - 365$

I've looked hard at these myself.

I've seen glowing reviews across the board. For a while the .40 Tactical had some problems, but you almost never hear anything bad about the XD-9 Service other than the finish. They're supposed to be accurate, reliable to the extreme, and safe. Magazines are inexpensive and plentiful, and the weapon itself has become popular enough that accessories are being made for it.

$365 is a good price for one though, from what I've seen.

Bersa thunder 9 - 250 $

The more research I've done, the more suprised I've been at the Bersa. A lot of people seem to really like them. From what I've seen they're affordable, extremely reliable, but have mediocre accuracy. They're wider than both the Baby Eagle and XD-9, but shorter.

Magazines run about $30.00 each, though.

Now, my question for you. Where'd you find these deals?

Klaud Wachnen
September 8, 2005, 02:48 PM
Local guy trying to sell some of his collection, all are new condition.

m0ntels
September 8, 2005, 03:03 PM
A lot of people seem to really like them. From what I've seen they're affordable, extremely reliable, but have mediocre accuracy. They're wider than both the Baby Eagle and XD-9, but shorter.

Had a Bersa 9 for a few months, had to sell it to pay bills, and I miss it a bunch. I'll agree that you get a little better than what you pay for, the reliability, and width issue, but I dont know who was giving it mediocre accuracy reports. I think it was almost as good as the Baby Eagle is. It's heavy for its size, but I think that is its only drawback. To make up for it, it not only has ambi-safety and reversable mag release, but also an ambi-slide stop which I found nice.

Hopefully I'll get it back someday...sold it to my dad and it's now his truck gun.

Randy

Te Anau
September 8, 2005, 05:25 PM
The price on the XD is decent,the others are a little high.

shooter429
September 8, 2005, 08:25 PM
XD9!

Shooter429

Eghad
September 8, 2005, 11:54 PM
wont go bad with that price on the XD-9

Klaud Wachnen
September 9, 2005, 10:53 AM
Yes thanks, The springfield I am definitly going to buy probably, and the baby eagle. I am looking to add a few guns to my arsenal.

I thought the eagle price was good at 350 , its mint, full size.....

And the Bersa, high capacity model at 250...

I never saw any that low online.

Anyway thanks again guys.