PDA

View Full Version : Beretta 9000s

AMT8951
September 8, 2005, 04:46 AM
Just got the latest "Gander Mtn" flyer in the local newspaper today. There selling the Beretta 9000s in 9mm for $299. I don't know anything about these guns ( I think Tom "Krazy" Cruise used one in "Minority report") anyone ever own or shoot one? I'd like to hear about it. They also have the NEF "Pardner" shotgun for $169. :)

Billy Sparks
September 8, 2005, 06:37 AM
I have a 9000s that I pickup used. You can do a search here or at The High Road and read alot of info about them. Due to the comments in the threads I decided to get one.

Berettafan21
September 8, 2005, 01:26 PM
Paid 350 for mine and I like it. Get a grip extender and you can use full size 92/96 mags even high caps.

Marko Kloos
September 8, 2005, 01:45 PM
I like the 9000S as well. I think it's just about the perfect size for a CCW pistol. They're reliable, inexpensive, and well made.

mgdavis
September 8, 2005, 04:32 PM
I own a 9000s in .40. If you have your heart set on it, go for it. It is fairly well made and reliable.

The biggest negetive with mine is the safety. It is overly stiff, and has not loosened much after about 500 rounds. Also, before I put a single round through it I managed to break the safety mechanism while manipulating it normally. Berretta fixed it for free, but still was unpleasant. The slide is very stiff, has loosened up a little with use. Also have had one FTE. Holsters are also a little hard to find.

I payed $400 for mine. If I was doing it again, I would have got a J-Frame for the money. Again, if you want it, do it. It's a fun little pistol.

HighValleyRanch
September 9, 2005, 11:15 PM
I was at my local dealer today and handled a beretta 9000s. I too had been pretty curious about these. From the website they looked pretty compact and nice italian design. I even rented Tom Cruise Minority report to see the size of the gun. From the movie I could see that it was bigger than I thought.
Well, seeing in person is everything, and it is pretty clunky looking. Even with the nice styling, it looked way too big for comfortable CCW carry. It looked fatter than a glock 26 and although perhaps a touch shorter in length, higher in grip height. The grip was so fat that the double action reach might be a problem for some. I did not dry fire it, but lost my interest quickly. Wasn't that much cheaper than other guns I was interested in.

MrHuckFin
May 5, 2008, 12:55 PM
Does Berretta still make the 9000S? I bought mine back in "02" around when they 1st came out and I never once fired it until the 1st time about a month or two ago and I was DELIGHTED with how well it worked! So now that I'm starting to use it I'm beginning to wonder if it should be just put up as a collector gun? I can't tell by Berretta's web site if it's still made, as some times they show it and some times they do not. Any thoughts or knowledge on this?

darko
May 5, 2008, 01:14 PM
I'm pretty sure that the Px4 was the replacement for the 9000s. I looked at the 9000s myself and would have bought it had the gunshop selling it not been greedy and trying to get top $ for it. The trigger was really terrible but I was more interested in it as a collectors piece i.e. Minority Report token.

Bart Noir
May 5, 2008, 08:05 PM
I passed on buying one when I actually held it. I have to agree with Mas Ayoob, who wrote in his recent Beretta book that the reach to the trigger is too long. He wrote some other things too, in fact, he literally called it a piece of crap.

Not that I am a Beretta hater, I just got a Px4 and a Cougar in the last several months. I do like that rotating barrel.

Bart Noir

SouthpawShootr
May 5, 2008, 08:32 PM
I have one and find it to be serviceable. I'd carry it if I didn't already have a Glock 26 that's far far beyond serviceable. Still I got it NIB for $325 OTD and I'm completely happy with it.

Que
May 5, 2008, 09:01 PM
Per a discussion with a Beretta tech last year, the 9000S is discontinued, but with plenty of repair parts.

Cowboys7
September 30, 2011, 04:48 AM
I found this old thread that I thought would be worth a shot. I am in need of a replacement barrel for my 9000S D9 - I have had no luck finding a 9mmx19 barrel - All sources I've tried so far and Beretta says no parts available - Part No. is A2JC2300100000
Barrel from my gun was lost when the gun was shipped disassembled from overseas permanent residency. Without a barrel, the weapon is useless. Are there any alternative options? All suggestions welcome.

ShipWreck
September 30, 2011, 06:20 AM
I love Berettas - especially the 92 model (I have 8 of them). I love many of Berettas other guns. I have tried to like the 9000 - just can't do it. I even saw a used one at a gun show 2 weeks ago. Everytime I pick one up, the grip just kills me.