PDA

View Full Version : Smith & Wesson P&M ??

kymasabe
September 7, 2005, 11:13 AM
Saw an ad in a magazine yesterday for a S&W P&M (police and military), chambered in either 9mm, .40 cal, or .357sig. I was wondering if anyone has gotten their hands on one yet and what's it like? Is it new or just a glorified Sigma?

p99guy
September 7, 2005, 01:05 PM
thats M&P

Suppost to be better than a sigma..has added features/different trigger system. as with anything go look at one first as to whether its good for you or not. They sent me a propaganda DVD on that pistol, have not held one.

9mm1033
September 7, 2005, 08:33 PM
I can't find one at the gunstores. Talked to a S&W rep prior to it's advertised release and this model (M&P) is the companies "new" auto version for uniform police carry. He didn't address the military need.

RWK
September 8, 2005, 04:07 AM
There was an earlier thread on this subject: .http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177327&highlight=M%26P. For your info, it was STRONGLY suggested that the term “Military and Police/M&P” was principally for marketing value – tying this model/series into the renowned, venerable K Frame .38 Special revolver – rather than necessarily suggesting much about military applications.