PDA

View Full Version : New Gun...

Mark54g
September 7, 2005, 08:21 AM
Ok, I am starting to think about saving for a new gun. Thanks to NJ's glorious waiting of over a month (and closer to 2 or 3) I have some time to put money aside. However, I am buying a house so that limits my funds a bit. I was originally thinking CZ 75B, but on gunsamerica, I saw a listing for a CZ-85B that was a bit cheaper. I believe they are VERY similar guns, but wanted to know what the thoughts were on them and their differences.
I already have a .22 beretta Neos, so I don't really want another .22.... for now.

How do you guys stop yourselves from just getting anything and everything you want to own?

Seraph
September 7, 2005, 08:52 AM
How do you guys stop yourselves from just getting anything and everything you want to own? Answer: My vow of poverty makes it easy.

The CZ 85B is a CZ 75B with ambidextrous safety. I'd rather have the 75B (bought one, in fact), but I'd be perfectly happy with the 85B. I've found the 75B totally reliable and laser beam accurate. BTW, you can get the CZ Kadet .22 Conversion Kit for either of these pistols.
http://czusa.com/images/products/35.jpg

Mark54g
September 7, 2005, 09:28 AM
I was aware of the Kadet, but its more expensive than the .22 I already have. Why would you rather have a 75B, if I may ask? I shot one, and thats when I fell in love. It seems to make ME more accurate. I also have access to my father's Beretta 92F and while its a very nice and smooth gun, I like the CZ.
Now to convince the wife unit....

Eric Larsen
September 7, 2005, 09:42 AM
How do I keep myself from getting everything I want?

Well, the fact that Id have to be a millionare and have to add another floor to my house as a "GunVault" are the two biggest reasons.

Then theres my wife who would pick and choose which ones she wanted......:D That wouldnt be a bad thing though.

Shoot well.

Seraph
September 9, 2005, 09:09 AM
Why would you rather have a 75B, if I may ask? I prefer the 75B because I am right-handed, and am not a ninja, therefor I do not need ambidextrous controls.

Mark54g
September 9, 2005, 10:37 AM
Do they take the same parts and mags? I ask because I saw an 85B for $379 vs the $429 of a 75B

xrageofangelsx
September 9, 2005, 03:46 PM
I prefer the 75B because I am right-handed, and am not a ninja, therefor I do not need ambidextrous controls.

Best quote ever!