View Full Version : Caliber change on NFA weapon

August 15, 2005, 04:47 PM
I have a Stemple 76/45 in 9mm ( Form 4)
My paper work shows this weapon in 9mm only
I would like to add a .45cal conversion kit to it and shoot it at this years
Knob Creek sub gun matches.
As far a B.A.T.F. goes what do I have to do.

August 15, 2005, 07:04 PM
All you have to do is notify the BATFE in writing...

ATF - National Firearms Act Branch
650 Massachusetts Ave., NW Room 5300
Washington, DC 20226

Phone: 202-927-8330

August 19, 2005, 06:06 PM
Is the notificatoin also required if your Form 4 says .22/9mm/.45 ? I may write them and request a verification letter. Those Uzi conversion kits aren't getting any cheaper.

August 19, 2005, 07:40 PM
BATFE has advised that notification is only required for permanent caliber changes. IOW, if you just want to occasionally use a .22 kit in your registered 9mm Uzi you do not need to notify them of the additional caliber. OTOH for example, if you were converting a registered 7.62x39 AK to a 5.45x39 krink, you would need to notify them of the change.

August 19, 2005, 09:00 PM
Is the notificatoin also required if your Form 4 says .22/9mm/.45 ?
It is is already on the Form 4, no notification is required.