PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know if there is any difference between Tikka Tactical and Varmint?

Greywolf
May 2, 2005, 07:53 PM
Can someone tell me, other than the stock and the muzzle brake and Pic Rail scope mount, is there any real difference between the Tikka Tactical rifle and the Tikka Varmint rifle?

Viking23
May 2, 2005, 11:51 PM
In addition to what you've already noted, the Tactical has a 20" threaded barrel and a non-reflective phosphate finish. BTW, the muzzle brake does not come with the rifle.

I also was trying to decide between the two and ended up with the Varmint. For my use I couldn't justify the extra $$$.

Greywolf
May 3, 2005, 05:01 AM
Yeah, I don't really care about the finish, thed barrel I can have threaded my way if I ever need it for a suppressor, and I'd prefer a 24" barrel to a 20" barrel anyway. I can also get a scope Pic rail as well if needed. Don't get me wrong, I like the stock better (the adjustable height cheekpiece) but I just don't know if these extras are worth the extra $400-$600 you pay.

Zekewolf
May 3, 2005, 12:14 PM
Tikka's website gives complete specs, with pics, of all their rifles. Could be those guys running Tikka's website don't know what they're talking about, but they're claiming that the Tactical is available in both 20" and 24" barrels.
http://www.tikka.fi/
The Tactical is only available in three calibers.

I'd probably go with the varmint, since my purpose would be for shooting varmints or punching holes in paper. The threaded barrel is of no interest to me.