PDA

View Full Version : Loading a Remington 7600P/7615P from the magazine with empty chamber

Para Bellum
April 24, 2005, 05:08 PM
another question that might sound stupid. I have read in the 7600P manual that to load the gun you have to chamber one round through the ejection port and to attach the full magazine. I hope that's only the case if you want load the full capacity.
What I would want to do is to attach a full magazine but keep the chamber empty for saftey reasons. Could I then - with an empty chamber - and a full magazine just pump the action and load the (empty) chamber from the magazine?
(I sincerely do hope so)
Thanks for your advice.

Dogjaw
April 24, 2005, 06:09 PM
It's not very clear in the manual. I have a 7400, which is the auto version of the 7600. Both manuals have the same instructions on loading. Remington's procedure on loading the rifle with a full magazine and one in the chamber is lacking. It is perfectly fine to load just the magazine, insert it, and cycle a round into the chamber. It's actually what I do. If you want to load a 5th round, simply load the chamber, drop the magazine and insert another shell in the magazine.

DPris
April 24, 2005, 08:57 PM
The 7615P I had here worked just fine by seating the mag on an empty chamber.
Denis

Para Bellum
April 25, 2005, 03:23 PM
thanks, that's what I hoped for.
Did you like the 7615P, and criticism?

DPris
April 25, 2005, 04:43 PM
I liked the weight, I liked the magazine capacity, I didn't like the ghostring/big dot sights.
Can't really comment on the trigger much, it was a handbuilt prototype & I don't know what the production versions will have for pulls.
Accuracy was easy to keep under two inches at 100 with a scope, best I could do with the irons was 5 3/8 inches. Best with scope was 1/2 inch.
Remington says the production versions should do one to two inches at 100 yards.
There was no instruction booklet with the sample I had, didn't know I was supposed to load a mag with a round in the chamber, so I didn't.
I did try loading a round through the port a couple times to see how hard it'd be to duplicate combat loading with an 870 shotgun, the round tends to rattle all over & it took some gyrating to get it into the chamber.
Recoil is fine, hard to hurt yourself shooting a .223.
Denis