PDA

View Full Version : M&A Parts

jefnvk
April 23, 2005, 12:45 PM
I'm trying to get some info on the quality of M&A parts rifle kits. I KNOW THAT THEIR OWNER ACTED LIKE AN A$$ AT A GUNSHOW. That is not in my criteria right now, how their owner acts. They have what I want at a price I can afford.

What they have, that I can't find anywhere else, is a 16" midlength rifle kit. I want to know about the quality of their parts. Doesn't have to be about that kit in particular.

So, anything good or bad about them, leaving out comments on their owner?

fanoblack
April 23, 2005, 01:08 PM
I thought the Gunshow thing was Model 1 Sales? Either way, I have heard both good and bad about M&A, you can always search over at AR15.com (http://www.ar15.com). Eagle Arms sells RRA midlength uppers, but not kits.

I would favor J&T over M&A, but I would take both over M1S. I think you will do fine with M&A kit, however with mass production you can always get a faulty product that slipped through QC department.

fanoblack

p.s. When I replied to this, you have 666 posts. You're not going to make sign anything are you?

jefnvk
April 23, 2005, 01:19 PM
Huh, didn't notice the 666, but I'll fix it :p

Ther gunshow thingy was M&A. I would ask on AR15, but there was a recent thread asking the same thing, and about 90% of the responses had to do with the owner. Some may have the luxury of being able to go out and buy a new Bushy or Armalite, but I don't.

EDIT: Whoops, amke that RRA and Armalite, I guess they're the two that make midlengths.

fanoblack
April 23, 2005, 05:08 PM
So (http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=234078) you did, hope this one doesn't turn out like the others.

I don't know how mechanically inclined you are, but have you thought about building one? Just a thought. From what I have read, the midlength uppers seem to be pretty good from M&A. I too am interested in a midlength upper, so let us know how it turns out, if you get it from them.

fanoblack

jefnvk
April 23, 2005, 06:16 PM
I thought about it, but I am building from a kit to save money. Buying the barrel parts seperate then having to buy the tools to put them together came out a bit more expensive.

EDIT - OK, never mind. Just found that the M&A midlength uppers are RRA.

fanoblack
April 24, 2005, 02:11 AM
If thats the case, then buy without fear.

fanoblack

2002gti
April 25, 2005, 05:51 PM
i have an m-a and an rra upper and the rra is far superior. for around the same price go rock river fer sure

fanoblack
April 25, 2005, 10:18 PM
That would be great, if RRA sold kits.

fanoblack

jefnvk
April 26, 2005, 12:31 AM
Ended up going with the Del-Ton 20" instead. I did start up a thread on this on AR15, and one person said that their MA midlength kit had a RRA stamp on it.

Just wanted the 20" ever so slightly more, and when I called both on the phone for some questions, Del-Ton was a bit friendlier.

fanoblack
April 26, 2005, 05:21 PM
You do realize that you will have to post pics when you get it built, right?

fanoblack

jefnvk
April 26, 2005, 05:33 PM
I intend to. Lady there said that they probably won't ship until next week, due to them being out of bolts or carriers, so it'll be a bit. I'll probably take many pics through the build, too.

I can't help showing off my toys :p