PDA

View Full Version : M1A Socom II

armed samurai
April 18, 2005, 11:05 PM
hello all,

i recently shot my buddies pre-ban (commifornia) ar-15 at a range and had a blast (no pun intended). now my question is this...seeing that i live in one of the states with the worst restrictions on rifles, is the M1A SOCOM II worth the investment? or are there anything else that is similar to the ar-15 worth looking at? please advise. thanks!

armed samurai

fanoblack
April 19, 2005, 12:13 AM
I'm going to assume you have done your homework and know whether or not you can have one. If so I would say yes, I prefer the full sized M1A version but to each their own.

fanoblack

Andrew LB
April 19, 2005, 02:38 AM
I'm looking at picking up a Springfield Armory M1A one day soon. I dig the SOCOM II but i'm a little hesitent about the short barrel.

I like shooting long disances and the extra length will definately help with accuracy.

Mannlicher
April 19, 2005, 07:04 AM
I have been shooting my M1A SOCOM for a few months now. I find that it is just as accurate as my M1A Loaded. The short barrel does increase the blast, especially with the muzzle brake. I have an EOTech sight mounted.
This has proved to be a good hog hunting rifle, using Federal 150 grain SP bullets.
Overall, I have been pleased with my SOCOM.