PDA

View Full Version : Dang It!!!!!!!!!!!!

USP45usp
April 17, 2005, 03:41 PM
Dang it, dang it, dang it. I hate rifles. Rifles aren't as cool as pistols. Don't spend your money on rifles.

Ya, right. I keep on telling myself this but dang it, I am a sucker for "these are the last ones that we know of" sells tactics.

I just bought yet ANOTHER Mk3 303. Of course, they just had to say, as from their website:

Includes Rarely seen original Blade Bayonet w/ Scabbard.

Now, you tell me, what "gun nut" would not have to whip out his (or her) debit card when these few words are presented to you? You? You over there? No, no self respecting "gun nut" would just sit back and say, "naw, not for this good ol' boy (gal)".

Ya, right. And to top it all off, this is a "pre-order" which means that they don't even have them in, just expecting them to be in about three weeks from now.

Geez, talk about gullible... and did I mention that I really don't like rifles?

Wayne

novus collectus
April 17, 2005, 04:09 PM
I ordered two K31's from two different suppliers. First one was 6 weeks ago and the other was from CIA 2 1/2 weeks ago. They both listed them as being in stock. I STILL haven't seen my rifles yet. :(

Russ5924
April 17, 2005, 04:10 PM
There is a sucker born every minute,now I know there is two of us out there.You have to leave all your cards at home and by the time you get them you have talked your self out of the deal.Then after a day or two you go back and get it like I do and hope it's gone. :p

Johnny Guest
April 17, 2005, 04:29 PM
GET A GRIP!

Have you NO self control? Do you really need help from a 'net board to exercise a little restraint? I mean, look'ee here, USP45usp - - I can understand people who have problems with alcohol, with tobacco, and other drugs, but, hey, GUN Purchases? And, old, cruddy MILITARY rifles? Indeed!

Pal, I'd like to sympathize with guys like you, but . . . What is it? Come on, tell us. Is it the thought of the history behind an old, dinged-up milsurp piece? The romance of where it might have been? The heroic feats some old time Tommy or Digger might have performed with the heavy old brute clinched tightly in his sweaty fists? The stink of fear and the exaltation of victory?

Or, are you gonna tell us that this a chemical thing? The aroma of Cosmoline and Rangoon oil? Or maybe the sound? The soft, lubricated snicking of the safety catch? The clatter of the rapid working of the bolt? The hissss of the bayonet emerging from the scabbard?

Hey - - An old Colt's automatic or a deep blue S&W? A nicely cased Purdey or a Parker shotgun with most of the blue worn away. I might could relate to these. But an old military rifle? Come on, now, we have confidence in you . . .

>

>

> Original bayonets?

>

>

>

Uh, you got a website for that pre-order list? I mean, it might be months before the rifles actually arrive . . . .

:rolleyes:

Johnny

USP45usp
April 17, 2005, 04:50 PM
Johnny, :D

The website is : www.aimsurplus.com

Wayne

Sir William
April 17, 2005, 05:14 PM
BAYONETS!! Where did I hide my CCs!? Check www.ima-usa.com for needed accessories.

oneeyeross
April 17, 2005, 05:46 PM
is as good as the Mosin 91/30 I just got from them...it's sure to be worth the money.

We need a bumper sticker..."Got Bullets?"

38splfan
April 17, 2005, 06:09 PM
I just jumped on their pre-order list for a Schmitt-Rubin K31.
I've been easing towards one for a while and at $79.95, I just COULD NOT HELP MYSELF!
I couldn't help myself with the Turk Mauser a few years ago, either :D
Or the Mosins....
the Enfeilds.....
the Yugo SKS.....

Yeah, dang it, me too. :D

Mike Irwin
April 17, 2005, 06:19 PM
Two years ago at a gunshow a group of us, including Moderator Mal, were getting ready to leave when he asked if I had seen the "big guns."

He explained that someone had some benchrest rifles, REALLY motherly large BR rifles.

Then he pointed "They're over there by the tall rifle." It was tall, sticking up well above the others around it.

So, to humor him, we walked over. :)

I don't care much for BR guns, just not my cup of tea, but when I got a look at that "tall rifle," my heart went pitter pat...

A very nice No. 1 Mk III. What made it so tall? A Pattern 1907 bayonet, in scabbard, marked Anderson. Not in the best shape, but the leather is in excellent condition, which isn't common. No frog, and the scabbard is marked WJM, which I believe is William J. Mills, one of the bayonet makers.

What REALLY got my heart thudding?

The price for the rifle AND bayonet was $125.

It went home with me.

Hell, the bayonet is worth close to that much.

USP45usp
April 17, 2005, 06:50 PM
Damn Mike,

You make the buy sound so "sexy", like you're getting a deal that would forgo any thought of "anything" for ages....

I like it :D.

Wayne

*and, I too can't wait until this rifle shows up. I can deal with cosmo, just want to get a good gander at this bayonet and just the rifle itself.

**edited to say: Hey, just looked at my post count, 1234, :D.