PDA

View Full Version : Ruger Mini 14 Factory Folding Stock, Will All Fit?

crashland73
April 14, 2005, 01:14 AM
I have a 188 ruger mini 14 ranch and was wondering if I bought just the folding stock if all would fit? Only the factory stocks is what I am after.

molonlabe
April 14, 2005, 07:03 AM
I may be wrong but I don't believe Ruger sells them to the general public.

Edward429451
April 14, 2005, 08:49 AM
I've got 3 mini's, all different series's, with one being a factory folder. I've had the folder on all three at different times just to see if it was interchangable. It was. I'd be very suprised if it didn't fit any mini-14.

Edit to add, make that four it fits, my BIL had a SS standard model that it fit also. 181, 185, 187 & 188 (<<--- IIRC)

crashland73
April 14, 2005, 11:13 AM
I know they dont sell them anymore to us. Believe it or not when you call asking about them or the hi caps for them they start to act like a bunch of communists LOL! the only gun company that gives its customers the cold shoulder lol.

CopeLC
April 17, 2005, 07:54 AM
I tried calling them to see if they'd offer the GB again. This lady asked me if I was LE and I said no. Then the lady said that the "model is currently not available for purchase" and if I had anymore questions for her. I asked her about some factory 30 rd mags and she started sounding like a broken record. -CENSORED--CENSORED--CENSORED-, Ruger? I sold my Mini out of disgust. I'm about to get rid of all things Ruger from my inventory out of spite.

They're missing out on a lot of money while losing potential and old customers. Screw you, Ruger.

crashland73
April 17, 2005, 09:44 AM
No crap! They always act that way. Like you and every other law abiding American born citizen are a bunch of felons. If it wasnt my grandpas old rifle I would sell it too. But it is and, well, you know. But in all truth, I would much rather have an Armalite for the money spent on one of these with a folder. More accurate too and clips easier to find. On the clip note, my brother and I found 14 PMI SS 30 rnd mags for $20 each shipping included. That was a steal and they were in their original packing too. I have 2 fact 20's and 1 30. The only reason I dont use them is becouse of my grandpa thing and not wanting them to be stolen at the range. Have you all seen those new rear sights at Midway for the ranch rifle? Nice!!

jimmy
April 18, 2005, 02:59 PM
Ruger's not selling the folding stocks betrays a mistrust of the American gunowner, IMO, and not selling hi-caps for the Mini is, if anything, worse. Case in point, I'd submitted on order with one of the online mag dealers for six factory 20-rounders, but the dealer had to cancel the order when Ruger refused to supply the mags. Ruger is entitled to pursue this policy if it wants to, but it doesn't make sense to me that a company would go to so much trouble to antagonize its customers and to not make money. Like Colt's not selling any but politically correct AR's to civilians. Fortunately, I have the right not to buy their products if I don't like their policies. :mad:

HighVelocity
April 18, 2005, 05:35 PM
Aren't the ruger folding stocks made by Butler Creek anyway?

hoosierdaddy
April 19, 2005, 07:08 AM
THe only thing I've seen that doesn't fit a Ruger factory folder without a little mod is the AC556. However, it's not a big deal to modify the stock to work with the selector switch. I don't believe Butler Creek had anything to do with it back in the day.

crashland73
April 24, 2005, 06:12 PM
I just bought 2 factory folders in stainless. one seems to be a little different than the other. one pistol grip has the cutout for the trigger guard and the other dont. and there appears to be a few little different cutouts on one stock on the inside, any reason?

matt123matt
April 6, 2009, 02:22 PM
Does anyone know if a folding stock such as buttler Creek will fit my New 580 Mini-14?

johnwilliamson062
April 6, 2009, 02:38 PM
yes. I have a BC folder on a 580 mini-14