View Full Version : How to get the ball rolling.........

August 10, 2000, 08:04 AM
I've been reading about NFA weapons (subguns.com), and what it takes to own them. I understand I need various forms, and the first step is to get the chief of police, or a federal judge, or other approved individual to sign a statement that I'm not a felon. But, I'm really not sure how to go about getting the proper forms, or the signatures. Does anyone know of any resources that may help me? I'm in Ohio, and as far as I can tell, machineguns can be owned in Ohio.

August 10, 2000, 10:23 AM
Call the Sheriff first. He'll know what you need to do.

August 10, 2000, 10:51 AM
Another thing you need to do first is contact a reputable class III dealer in your area.
They will tell you exactly what to do step by step, and will help you do it.
They will be able to tell you if your County Sheriff will or won't sign the necessary forms.
Class III's are legal here in NC, but there are some Sheriffs of some Counties that refuse to sign, and there are others who are all for civilian class III ownership and sign regularly.