View Full Version : Taking a Title 2 to Mass....

Eric Blair
November 23, 1999, 01:02 PM
I want to give a *private* demonstration of my SMG in Mass.
Title II is legal in Mass.

I am NOT a Mass res, but have a Mass Class A LTC, with all lawful purpose.

What else would I need? (Besides a 5320.20)
I'm going to ask her, before call up the staties.

Anyone know?



4V50 Gary
November 23, 1999, 04:34 PM
It's my understanding that when you're involved in interstate transit with a Title 2 firearm, you're to contact the BATF for permission. That's what we were told at the SMG instructor's course.

Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

November 23, 1999, 07:27 PM
As long as the item in question is legal in the destination jurisdiction, you only need to have an approved 5320.20. It's important to ensure that there are no local and/or state laws that prohibit the possession or use of the item in question. An approved 5320.20 is NOT A FREE PASS. ATF can, and has, made mistakes on approving 5320.20 to jurisdictions where the item is not legal.

An interesting note -- you can put a 5320.20 in for an entire year. I have submitted multiple 5320.20s for my entire collection. You need to have a different form for each destination (state).

If you happen to be an FFL/SOT, you do not need the 5320.20.

danbrew :->