View Full Version : Form 1 ?

January 10, 2005, 12:39 AM
I am interested in buying an 11.5" upper for an AR15 and a 14" Vang barrel for an 870.
Can I just print out a form 1 from the net and get the CLEO sign off etc. ? No dealer involved ? Order the upper/barrel after I get the tax stamps ?

January 10, 2005, 10:17 AM
You can print the F1 from www.titleii.com and use that. Be sure to print both sides and do it in duplicate for each weapon you want to register. You'll also need one copy of the US Citizenship form, and two FBI fingerprint cards (ie. five forms plus a check for the transfer/making taxes for each weapon). If you don't have a C3 dealer in your area from whom you can get the fingerprint cards, you may well be better off just calling the NFA Branch at BATF and ordering all the materials.

January 10, 2005, 01:18 PM
When I got my SMG, I just went down to the local ATF office and got the fingerprint cards.

My main concern is that I can do this all by myself and do not need a dealer for any portion of it ? I can fill out all the paperwork, send it in, get the tax stamp, and buy the stuff ? No NFA dealer needed ?

January 10, 2005, 01:29 PM
Nope, no dealer needed for a F1.

Now if you want an AOW, it can save you $195 to have a manufacturer/SOT make it and then transfer it to you, but there's no diffrence for an SBR.