PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good trade?

Overkill
November 2, 2004, 01:01 PM
A friend is interested in trading a 16" Bushy A3 for my Mini-14. I really don't enjoy my Mini as much as the AR's nor is it even close to accurate. In fact you have to throw so much more money into a Mini, you have to really love it to make it justifiable. The thing is I already have a 16" Colt A3, if he had a 20" I'd be a little more swayed but the Bushy is probably worth more for a trade down the road. Here's my Mini, what do you guys think?

http://pics.montypics.com/4xjedi/2004-11-02/1099407430_Picture_093.jpg

WillBrayjr
November 2, 2004, 01:03 PM
nope, if it was an armalite then it's a different story. bushmasters generally aren't very reliable.

M700
November 2, 2004, 02:30 PM
:confused:

Bushmasters are one of the top 3 AR manufacturers in the business....great quality and customer service.

I would personally make the trade especially considering you said that you prefer AR's. Not too fond of Mini's myself. I would agree that the AR will have a higher resale value depending on condition.

And welcome to TFL Overkill :cool:

No4Mk1
November 2, 2004, 02:48 PM
I would make the trade then use it to trade to a 20" AR, or just swap the barrel.

bullfrog99
November 2, 2004, 02:58 PM
Spend a day without looking at your mini. Put in in the back of your safe or whatever and make a point of not thinking about it. If you find your mind drifting to it over the day, don't trade, you're emotionally attached and will miss it if you trade it. If you make it throught he day without thinking about it, trade. You could always swap uppers with someone else to get a 20" (sounds stupid but it works, no bullschit :) )

Darkangel
November 2, 2004, 03:28 PM
Dump the Mini 14. Take the Bushy and sell it or trade up to the model you want.
this statement is incorrect......"bushmasters generally aren't very reliable."
:D

WillBrayjr
November 2, 2004, 04:13 PM
i've seen 9 bushmasters come in to the shop for repair in the last 18 months.

Samuel2001
November 2, 2004, 11:51 PM
I've sold quite a few Bushmasters, Armalites, Colts, Rock Rivers, Olimpic Arms and DPMS and have found them all to be about as reliable. With the Bushmaster, Armalite and Rock River Arms being the most reliable of the bunch.
I knew of a dealer that had a few problems with the Armalite family of rifles, but then again thats all they carried. :p Wich aint saying much.

I would trade a Mini-14 for a Bushie in a heartbeat! unless there was any sentimental value attached to the Mini.

Lets see a $400 rifle for a $800-$900 rifle? Yeah, I'd do it!

FirstFreedom
November 4, 2004, 03:53 PM
I think that it's such a good trade that your friend won't be your friend anymore if he ever figures out how he got raked over the coals.