PDA

View Full Version : bushmaster

LAST_OUT_LAW
November 1, 2004, 10:35 PM
i just got my frist ar a Bushmaster 16in M4 Type Carbine with Bird Cage Flash Suppressor and was wantin to know if any one had any bad whit this gun i only had it 3 weeks and it done started jamin but i think its the cheap wolf ammo what ammo is the best

Samuel2001
November 2, 2004, 02:07 AM
Dude avoid WOLF ammo like the plague! Its the only stuff that I have seen make a Bushie unreliable just by being near the rifle!

Try some Winchester, Federal, Remington or even some millitary surplus, but get rid of the Wolf crap!

Pappy John
November 2, 2004, 09:11 AM
Yeah, your chamber is probably getting lined with the varnish coating that they paint that junk with. You'll need a chamber brush to get it out now. :(

M700
November 2, 2004, 02:35 PM
Would have to agree. Get yourself a chamber brush, and some quality .223 such as Federal XM193, Winchester white box, or Georgia Arms 55gr and leave the Wolf for AK's.

TheGunslinger
November 2, 2004, 05:24 PM
Wolf is just fine for plinking (if it works in your guns that is) Wolf has come out with new rounds with a grey polymer coat instead of the laquer. Give it a try, it may work better.

LAST_OUT_LAW
November 2, 2004, 11:59 PM
didnt know wolf ammo was that bad it seems to make my cheaper guns happy does more gunk stick in the ar15s from the looks of the chamber it left half the powder in it :eek: but from what i seen so fare from the bushmaster is a good gun any one have any more comments on bushmaster