PDA

View Full Version : Nobody has the Kel-Tec sub2000 in stock.

MustangLife
October 26, 2004, 06:47 PM
I've had my I on this 9mm carbine rifle from Kel-Tec. I went to a big gun dealer about 1 hour from here, cause i knew if anybody had them in stock it would be them. But the Kel-Tec sub2000 was out of stock. This dealer has over 1500 guns on display so there not small time. But I got a great deal on a sigpro 9mm for $379.

Are dealers out of stock because people are buying them like crazy or are they not in any kind of demand therefore not stocked. Or just a special order kinda firearm.

Thanks
Josh

jailbait
October 26, 2004, 11:34 PM
there are a lot better 9 mil carbines out there. the walther g22, the highpoint... don't flame... everyone loves it. It's just like guns and roses... they'll rock out to it in thier home, but when it comes to being seen in public, all they do is deny it.

anyways..

walther g22
highpoint
keltec makes a different one that holds up a lot better
and berretta storm..

railroader
October 26, 2004, 11:58 PM
http://budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/36_151?osCsid=5af1b155ecced58545089541b4cb7e6f MustangLife if you are still interested here's some keltec's for $239. Mark

esldude
October 27, 2004, 02:52 AM
I don't know about High Points vs. Keltec. But in general the Keltec does what it is supposed to do. Looking at it some parts seem mickey mouse. But work as needed.

It is reliable with all ammo I have tried, accurate, and seems like it will last for many thousands of rounds. Pretty nifty design. Not as cool looking as the Beretta Storm. But the Storm doesn't fold up into 16 inches either.

FF1090
October 27, 2004, 11:41 AM
I have the Hi-Point, one buddy has the Kel-Tec Sub2000, another has the Beretta Storm.
Having handled and shot all three, my preference is for the Hi-Point.
It's the least expensive - money saved buys a lot of ammo. It has been totally reliable - the Beretta showed some ammo preference causing some jams. The Sub2000 is totally reliable.
The Sub2000's biggest problems are the ergonomics. It is very short - I'm tall (6'4") and it just doesn't fit me. My buddy who owns it is a little guy - even he thinks it's too short. The Hi-point and Beretta fit better.
The Sub2000 is difficult to mount a scope or optical sight - and then you lose the folding feature. Kel-Tec fixed that issue in the SU-16 rifle.
The Kel-Tec does have the advantage in taking hi-cap magazines - Glock or Beretta, depending on the model. The Storm of course takes Beretta pistol mags, including hi-caps. The Storm is pretty expensive though.
Accuracywise, all three are good - even-up there.

Tamara
November 1, 2004, 07:13 AM
there are a lot better 9 mil carbines out there. the walther g22...

The Walther G22 is being made in 9mm? Fascinating... :p

Anyhow, as far as stocking goes; yes, we've had a .40 Glock Sub2000 gathering dust on our shelf for a couple of months now.