PDA

View Full Version : 10/22 questions

Lightsped
October 18, 2004, 06:21 AM
Shot a friends 10/22 over the weekend. Had alot of fun!

I'd like to get me a synthetic stock 10/22 with the stainless barrel. What is the best going price on one of these?

Also, where is the best place to get larger capacity magazines for a 10/22? What brand magazines work best?

Thanks

rugerdude
October 18, 2004, 07:15 AM
The ss model 10/22 should run about 200-220 dollars. As for the magazines, I have a ramline 25 rounder with plastic feed lips and it works great but I got this at a gunshow. Go to www.butlercreek.com and get some steel lips magazines that will really last. Also you may want to look into getting a muzzle brake from www.clipsnstuff.com if you want a battle rifle look, a harris bipod wouldn't hurt either. Good luck on the 10/22 They're a blast with full-caps! :D

Lightsped
October 18, 2004, 12:38 PM
Probally a dumb question, but can you attach a bipod on the synthetic stock?

rugerdude
October 18, 2004, 04:46 PM
The only dumb question is the one left unasked. Yes you can, all you need are some sling studs. An aftermarket stock should have these installed on it and the stock on the ss 10/22 will probably have them as well. If it does not have these then they are quite simple to install. Most bipods mount on to these studs and have extendable legs and they fold down. Such a bipod will cost about 30-40 dollars. I believe wal-mart carries one.

BCBR
October 18, 2004, 05:22 PM
If I may,ruger offers a hollow plastic synthetic stock only as of late.looks and feels like a toy or bbgun and I would not have one . Had to git a nice laminate ss 1022 from a pawn shop out the door for 190$ 2 months past.
Do any of you know of rugers policy or what ever on the stocks,there are a lot of links on here for mags since 13 Sept 04
Am I wrong on the plastic stocks? :eek:

J. Scott
October 18, 2004, 05:52 PM
I don't know about the plastic stocks,But I put a Houge over moulded stock on my 10/22 mag quite happy with it. black, no slip. looks great with the fluted stainless barrel :cool:

Ledbetter
October 20, 2004, 05:00 PM
Be careful you don't get lost in here:

www.rimfirecentral.com

Bet you can't buy just one! :p

GreasyStool
November 20, 2004, 09:12 PM
Any of you buy a Ruger 10-22 from Wal-Mart in the early 90's when they were selling the Laminated Mannlicher stocked 10-22's? I got one. I took the Mannlicher stock off and put on a Hogue Over molded rubber stock and a 3X9 Ruby lens Norinco Armored Scope. I sometimes take the gun to work for bunnies and didn't want to ding it up in a Bronco or Tahao. I added a Butler Creek Heavy Stainless barrel and a Target hammer/trigger set also.
Almost forgot, several years ago I bought a Second Generation + Hitek Pantera Night Scope with an Elcan Mount. I had my scope rail modified for the mount. All I have to say is Oh My F#@%ing God! With this set up and some Remington SubSonics and an infrared light, the amount of fun you can have is priceless! The light comes in handy when the bunnies are hiding in tall grass. Even with an enhanced second generation Litton tube, they are hard to pick out. The infrared light makes their eyes glow. Gives you something to aim at!

http://www.perfectunion.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11739&hl=

cntryboy1289
November 20, 2004, 10:38 PM
I get stuff from Stafford Sales out Baton Rouge. Great service as well as prices. Buy the gun from WallyWorld and shoot the heck out of it. Then when you want to get serious with it, look at Staffords and get yourself a good barrel and stock.

josh yates
November 21, 2004, 06:50 PM
I had a 10/22 with a 50 round clip. It like to jam alot until the mag was half empty. I guess it too much spring pressure. They are definatley fun guns.