PDA

View Full Version : Saiga .308 higher capacity mags?

Te Anau
October 6, 2004, 02:18 PM
Now that the Hitler lovers ban is dead,who knows about Saiga .308 mags? What is the "normal" capacity of a Saiga .308 mag? Id love some 20 rounders or the like.

grey_pilgrim
October 6, 2004, 02:41 PM
I believe the regular capacity for the mags is 7 rounds.

Eaa *says* that they are going to import hi cap magazines for the 308. But considering EAA's record on what they are going to import. . . .its tough to say. At any rate, we probably won't see them until mid 05.

(of course, i could be wrong)

Edit: here is a link to the eaa website:

Hi-cap (http://www.eaacorp.com/news.shtml)

Scroll down to the bottom.

Gewehr98
October 6, 2004, 07:44 PM
Namely, the "10 of 20" rule, which reclassifies an imported firearm as a domestically-manufactured firearm by virtue of the total number of imported parts, compared to U.S.-made parts, per a specific list as provided by the BATF. That's the same rule that allows pistol grips on all those post-'89 ban AK's, FAL's, HK's, and CETME's. ;)

FirstFreedom
October 6, 2004, 10:07 PM
I too am interested in knowing. Yeah, EAA makes a lot of vague promises re importing stuff from molot and the other factory in Russia where saigas come from. Probably can't blame them, with all the import ban red tape. But an american manufacturer COULD crank some out legally that would fit, if they just thought there would be a market for them.

bullfrog99
October 7, 2004, 10:26 PM
Marc Krebs converts saigas to pistol grips if you like and can open the mag well to take m14 mags. Im not sure if any 30 round m14 mags were ever made, but there are plenty of twenties to be found.

grey_pilgrim
October 12, 2004, 10:48 PM
but they are a wee bit expensive.

here (http://www.eaacorp.com/parts/Magazines/smag.shtml)

Assuming that they are in stock becuse you can order them. THis may not necessarily be the case.

FirstFreedom
October 12, 2004, 10:55 PM
No way - shweeetness. Oh yeah, just cuz they're on the site doesn't mean they actually exist (in stock). Now I'm wondering if Robarms did or is going to get 20 rounders for the VEPR/Super VEPR.... I still think that a Super VEPR with a generous supply of 20-rounders (if ever made/imported) would be just about the bee's knees in an HDR for under $1,000.

Te Anau
October 13, 2004, 07:09 AM
Dang---theyre gonna make a killing on those.I do want some 30 round .223's and the 20 round .308's.Maybe nobody will buy them and theyll lower the price.

cobain187
October 14, 2004, 10:59 PM
Robarm has no plans for 20 round magazines for the Vepr or Supr vepr. $40 for a 10 rd anyways, so many better options out there. The XCR might take fal mags though.