PDA

View Full Version : My first AR-15

nobanforme
September 30, 2004, 06:22 PM
Hi All,
I have many guns, But just got my first AR-15 A Bushmaster 16" "shorty" and was wondering if any accories were realy need for this gun other then some optics. It came with colapsing stock, 30 round clip, and a flash hider. Thanks in advance for your advice.

User Name
September 30, 2004, 06:39 PM
I don't guess it "needs" anything, all I've done to mine is optics. I guess if you were gonna shoot competition then you may wanna "tune" the trigger some but for a plinker, there very reliable just as they are..

Dave Markowitz
October 1, 2004, 07:14 PM
All you really need are several spare magazines, and lots of ammo so that you can practice with it to be proficient.

Lots of good info on the ARs is available over at www.ar15.com (amazingly enough ;) )

BusGunner007
October 1, 2004, 11:50 PM
Welcome to the Forum and congratulations on your new Bushmaster! :)
My best friend bought the same rifle while there was this ridiculous thing called a 'BAN' going on...and he is very happy with it.
He'd be REALLY happy if he'd take it out and shoot the darn thing! :rolleyes:

I'm sorry for the nitpicking on the quote, but I just had to address the one thing that probably shouldn't bug me - calling the magazine a 'clip'.
I just read somewhere that a 'clip' is what feeds a magazine; and a magazine is what feeds the gun...
It sounded so good I thought I'd pass it on.
The 'suppressor' thing had to be brought up, too, I thought, just to keep the record straight when talking to the uninitiated. The terms 'hider' for flash, and 'silencer' for sound are kind of media-hype, sensational sound-byte types of words. 'Suppressor', I think is more correct, as long as I'm being picky.
The other nit was the spelling, but I think I got the gist of what you were saying.
It's Friday night, and I'm on the Internet...sorry! ;)

Hi All,
I have many guns, But just got my first AR-15 A Bushmaster 16" "shorty" and was wondering if any accories accessories were realy really need for this gun other then thAn some optics. It came with colapsing collapsing stock, 30 round clip MAGAZINE, and a flash hider SUPPRESSOR. Thanks in advance for your advice.

Well, you asked!

nobanforme
October 2, 2004, 08:44 AM
Thanks for the advice about magazines and suppressors. All great advice including the spelling lesson. Just finnished working an 18 hour day when I posted the first post. :cool:

BusGunner007
October 2, 2004, 12:42 PM
Sorry 'bout that, chief.
I just finished a long day myself! ;) I was a bit out of line on that.
I'm glad to hear you got on the Forum and purchased a new Bushmaster. The fun is about to begin!

nobanforme
October 2, 2004, 01:37 PM
:d