View Full Version : Need Help to Transfering Machine Gun.

September 25, 2004, 05:58 PM
I went to one of the estate auction bough 3 machine guns today from the auctioneer, They told me I have to go to get a form form FBI to transfering these guns, I did not know what the proceedures are . Anyone have some idiea and what does it take to transfer these machine guns? Please let me know. You may send direct E-Mail to me at [email protected] or private E-Mail of TFL.

One is a Mini Uzi w/8" barrel over all length is 23.6" S/N MU 03XXX second is Uzi with 10.25" serial # 070XXX and the last one is FN Belgiim caliber .308 serial # 943XXX all for $7,200.00

September 25, 2004, 06:22 PM
You need to find a local dealer in your state that does machineguns (sometimes referred to as a class III dealer). He will then get the guns transferred to him and start the paperwork to get them transferred to you. If the auction house is in your state, you may be able to transfer the guns straight from them to you. They should be able to tell you which method is needed.

The process for you is to get two ATF FORM 4s (the dealer will give them to you or you can go to ATF's website and order them) for each machinegun and fill them out. You will need to attach a passport size photo to each form. Then the "Chief Law Enforcement Officer," aka CLEO will have to sign each form and give them back to you. This is generally the sheriff or chief of police with jurisdiction over your place of residence. Be aware that in some cases the CLEO refuses to sign the forms. You cannot get the machineguns unless he does sign the forms and there is no way to make him sign if he refuses (there is one way around this, if it does happen).

Next is getting the fingerprint cards completed. After all of that, you send the forms and a check for $200 for each machinegun to ATF. When they approve the transfer, you can then take possession of the machineguns from your local dealer or auctioneer.

September 25, 2004, 11:00 PM
Thank you for the answer, it is in my state, I got approval from the sheriff before went to bid I also holding a FFL class 1, if in this case I will go to ATF website and down load a form or make a request.

September 26, 2004, 08:00 PM

I cannot find the 4s form but I found this form here "F 4 (5320.4) - Appl. for Transfer & Registration of Firearm" is it the right form? Do you know how long does it take to get approval? Thanks.

September 26, 2004, 10:48 PM
That's the right form.